The Gauteng Department of Infrastructure Development invites suitably qualified applicants to apply for their Construction Health and Safety Officer Vacancies (X6 Posts). The closing date for applications is the 14th April 2023
Reference Number: Refs/016801
Package: R 269 214.00 per annum (plus benefits)
- Head Office (Johannesburg),
- Springs District Maintenance Hub,
- Johannesburg (Laundry Services),
- Sedibeng District Maintenance,
- Westhoven District Maintenance Hub
- Tshwane District Maintenance Hub
- A National Diploma / Degree NQF Level 6 or NQF Level 7 qualification in Safety Management or relevant qualification.
- A minimum of 1 – 2 years’ experience in construction health and safety environment.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Public Service Act and Regulations and relevant legislation.
- Occupational Health and Safety (OHS) Act, regulations and environmental legislation.
- Understanding of health and safety management systems.
- Understanding of hazard identification and risk management on projects.
Computer literacy, problem solving and analysis, planning and organizing, report writing.
- Prepare health and safety specifications for construction sites.
- Complete site establishment health and safety check lists.
- Assist with preparation of a construction health and safety plan.
- Facilitate health and safety regular site, technical and progress meetings.
- Compile and test the effectiveness of project specific emergency response and preparedness plans.
- Represent the District at departmental OHS Committee meetings.
- Establish and maintain health and safety communication structure and systems.
- Conduct site research and use trends analysis to identify system deficiencies and incident trends, outline relevant improvements.
- Assist in appointment of safety representatives for District.
- Ensure that sufficient demarcations and warning signs are provided where appropriate.
- Develop technical reports and presentations in relation to health and safety issues.
- Conduct emergency preparation site drills.
- Attend the contractors’ site handover.
- Conduct baseline risk assessments / task specific risk assessment at construction site.
- Identify unsafe acts, conditions, and hazards at construction site.
- Conduct health and safety evaluations of contractors.
- Monitor site health and safety during the defects liability period.
- Investigate root causes of accidents and identify corrective and preventative actions and reports to management.
- Ensure that work activities on site are subjected to hazard identification and risk assessment processes. Inspect and maintain records of health and safety reports.
- Inspect contractors’ equipment and file reports.
- Conduct surveys and audits to identify and minimise safety risks.
- Evaluate levels of compliance of both contractors and subcontracts to the project specific health and safety plans and client specifications through inspections and audits.
- Conduct health and safety induction at district offices.
- Identify training for staff and contractors on OHS.
- Facilitate health and safety awareness sessions for staff and contractors at districts.
APPLY ONLINE FOR THE CONSTRUCTION HEALTH AND SAFETY OFFICER VACANCIES AT THE GAUTENG DEPARTMENT OF INFRASTRUCTURE DEVELOPMENT HERE
Mr. Vincent Chakane: Tel – 076 521 4118/072 668 0029
CLOSING DATE: 14 APRIL 2023
You May Also Like…
X20 CLINICAL PROGRAMME CO-ORDINATOR VACANCIES AT THE NORTH WEST DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH CLOSING 21 APRIL 2023
ANGLO AMERICAN 3 YEAR ARTISAN LEARNERSHIP OPPORTUNITIES FOR UNEMPLOYED SOUTH AFRICAN YOUTH CLOSING 13 APRIL 2023
PRASA HAS PUBLISHED NEW VARIOUS OPEN VACANCIES CLOSING 13 APRIL 2023 | APPLY TODAY
Hi. Where can forward my cv for safety officer position. Ref/016801
Hi. The safety officer post is available where can send my cv.