The Eastern Cape Department of Social Development invites suitably qualified applicants to apply for their Community Development Supervisor Vacancies (X7 Posts). The closing date for applications is the 2nd June 2023
POST 17/165: COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT SUPERVISOR GR1 (X7 POSTS)
- (Ref No: DSD 43/05/2023) Alfred Nzo: Umzimvubu LSO
- (Ref No: DSD 44/05/2023) Amathole: Mbashe LSO
- (Ref No: DSD 45/05/2023) Chris Hani: Intsika LSO
- (Ref No: DSD 46/05/2023) Emalahleni LSO
- (Ref No: DSD 47/05/2023) OR Tambo: Mqanduli LSO
- (Ref No: DSD 48/05/2023) Sarah Baartman: Graaf-Reinet LSO
- (Ref No: DSD 49/05/2023) Kou-Kamma LSO
SALARY: R410 289 PER ANNUM
- National Senior Certificate plus an appropriate three-year tertiary qualification.
- A minimum of 7 years’ recognizable experience in Community Development after obtaining the required qualification.
- A valid South African driver’s license.
- Competencies: Financial management: Must be able to make inputs on the budget of the work unit.
- Communication: Must demonstrate effective communication with various stakeholders and be able to write clear documentations including reports.
- Problem solving: Must be able to analyse situations and solve problems
- Computer literacy: Must demonstrate basic computer literacy
- Planning and organizing: Must be able to plan and organize own work and work of others.
- Conflict management: Must be able to handle conflict situations and help others to work through conflicts and find solutions
- Trustworthiness: Must ethical and moral conduct.
- Developing others: Must be able to mentor, coach and provide continuous support, be able to build a positive relationship of trust with the community and colleagues.
- Ethics: Must be able to display good guidance and advice to community development practitioners.
- People management: Must be able to manage the performance and conduct of others.
- Understanding principles: Must understand and be able to apply the principles applied in community work.
- Project management: Must be able to plan and manage projects in order to deliver on time, within cost and at the required quality level.
- Continuous improvement: Must keep up to date with new developments in the community development field to enhance service delivery.
- Computer literacy will be an added advantage.
- Understanding community development programs:
- Must be able to supervise the identification, facilitation and implementation of integrated community development interventions in partnership with the community and other relevant stakeholders. Knowledge of human behaviour and social systems:
- Must have knowledge and understanding of human behavior and social systems Understanding community dynamics:
- Must have knowledge and understanding of the inter-relations within community structures, dynamic of the community and current legislation to enable interventions.
- Networking and establishing partnerships:
- Must ensure that there is communication and coordination with all relevant role players, internal and external (e.g. in departments/provinces, NGOs, local community structures. Community development research:
- Must be able to conduct research relating to community development work.
- Managing community projects:
- Must be able to manage and coordinate community development projects Understanding community development legislation:
- Must be able to implement policies and legislation related to community development.
- Alfred Nzo Enquiries may be directed to Mr S Shweni Tel No: 039 254 0900
- Amathole Enquiries may be directed to Ms Z. Habe Tel No: 0437116626
- Chris Hani Enquiries may be directed to Ms Mzinjana Tel No: (045) 8083709
- Sarah Baartman Enquiries may be directed to Mr M Sipambo Tel No: 046 636-1484
- e-Recruitment Technical Support: [email protected]
- Provincial Office: Hand Delivery: Albertina Sisulu Building, No 7 Beatrice Street (behind KFC-Alexandra Road), King William’s Town, for the attention of Ms. A Njaba or Post To The Director: HRA: Social Development, Private Bag X0039, Bhisho, 5605.
- Alfred Nzo: The District Director, Department of Social Development, Private Bag X 401, Mount Ayliff, 4735 or hand deliver at Room 7 Mt Ayliff Counseling Centre, Garane Street for the attention of Mr S Shweni. Enquiries may be directed to Mr S Shweni Tel No: (039) – 254 0900
- Amathole: The District Director, Department of Social Development, Private Bag X 9066, East London, 5200, or hand delivered at Absa Building, No. 85 Oxford Street, East London for the attention of Ms Z. Habe. Enquiries may be directed to Ms Z. Habe Tel No: (043) 711 6626
- Chris Hani: The District Director, Department of Social Development, Private Bag X7191, Queenstown 5320 or hand deliver at Pandarosa Building, 54 Ebden Street, Queenstown, for the attention of Ms N Mzinjana. Enquiries may be directed to Ms Mzinjana Tel No: (045) 808 3709
- Sarah Baartman: The District Director, Department of Social Development, Private Bag X 1008, Grahamstown, 6139, or hand delivered at Room 11, 2nd floor, Corner African and Hill Street, Old SABC Building, Grahamstown Enquiries may be directed to Mr M Sipambo Tel No: 046 636-1484
- OR Tambo: Department of Social Development Private Bag X6000 Mthatha 5099 or hand delivered to office number 10-126 10th floor Botha Sigcawu Building, Corner Leeds and Owen
The e-recruitment system which is available on https://erecruitment.ecotp.gov.za. The e-Recruitment System Closes at 23: 59 on the closing date.
Applicants are not required to submit copies of qualifications and other relevant documents on application but must submit the signed New Form Z83 CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD THE EDITABLE FORM and a detailed curriculum vitae.
NB: Z83 in the e-recruitment system is currently not downloadable and therefore not signable; so, applicants who submitted applications via the e-recruitment system will not be disqualified for an unsigned Z83 instead will be requested to sign on interview day. Shortlisted candidates will be required to submit certified copies of qualifications, and other relevant documents to HR on or before the day of the interview: should you be in possession of a foreign qualification; it must be accompanied by an evaluation certificate from the South African Qualification Authority (SAQA) when submitted
CLOSING DATE: 02 JUNE 2023 @ 14h00
Community Development Supervisor
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE THESE OTHER VACANCIES
SAPPI PROCESS TRAINEE 2023 INTAKE FOR MATRICULANTS WITH GRADE 12 MATHS AND SCIENCE | CLOSING 31 MAY 2023
TRADESMAN AID VACANCIES (X2 POSTS) AT THE GAUTENG DEPARTMENT OF ROADS AND TRANSPORT CLOSING 29 MAY 2023
TVET COLLEGES VARIOUS LECTURING / TEACHING POSTS (X20 POSTS) CLOSING 15 JUNE 2023
Leave a Comment