The Health Systems Trust invites Unemployed South African Youth to apply for their GlobalVax Project Vaccine Ambassadors which is an initiative for global vaccine access, to improve the uptake of COVID-19 vaccination. The closing date for applications is the 7th April 2023
HST seeks to appoint 14 Vaccine Ambassadors – four in uMgungundlovu District and 10 in Zululand. These incumbents will mobilize local community members to access COVID-19 vaccinations and health services, link them to care, liaise with the local Ward Councilors and clinic committees for entry points, and support the project team in fulfilling its service profile. These are fixed-term contract positions, renewable based on continuation of funding.
- Support the mobilisation of project participant clients in the supported area for COVID-19 vaccinations, as well as community engagement for COVID-19 vaccine support/mobilisation.
- Provide health education to clients on the benefits of COVID-19 vaccines.
- Liaise with the Ward Councillors and clinic committee members to identify community entry points.
- Liaise with the community for buy-in and programme support.
- Distribute Information, Education and Communication (IEC) materials in the facilities and communities.
- Provide health education on and marketing of the COVID-19 vaccines in facility waiting areas.
- Organise and facilitate health promotion programmes for the community in line with the project’s service profile.
- Compile basic reports from data collected during project-related mobilisation activities.
- A Grade 12/Matric Certificate or equivalent ABET qualification
- A valid driver’s licence
- Certified advanced driving skills would be an added advantage.
- A minimum of five years’ driving experience would be an advantage.
- A clean driving record
- Experience in working for a health service organisation
- Communications skills – ability to read and write, and verbal fluency, in English; basic report writing skills
- Collaboration and co-ordination abilities
A salary package commensurate with the successful candidate’s experience and qualifications and in line with HST’s job grading system will be offered.
Interested applicants must complete their application online at: https://careers.hst.org.za/
Applicants are to ensure that their online applications are completed in full, and that comprehensive CVs are uploaded with the online application in order to be considered.
Applicant’s CV must be saved with a filename reflecting their name and surname.
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS: 07 APRIL 2022, AT 16H30
You May Also Like…