Anglo American invites unemployed South African Youth to apply for their underground mining assistant vacancies. The closing date for applications is the 9th April 2023
- Assist the Miner to perform safe declaration (SLAM)
- Perform visual Inspections of equipment before, and during operation according to departmental procedures to minimise breakdowns and operational losses by the timeous reporting of defects / abnormalities to Supervisor.
- Contribute to a culture of zero harm by adhering to all requirements as laid down by legislation and health, safety, environmental and security policies and procedures, and by the application of specific instructions to own work area and task completion
- Conduct efficient housekeeping of equipment and work area in accordance with departmental requirements.
- Perform all activities according to instructions, procedures and mining needs.
- Participate in cost saving initiatives and adhere to financial procedures.
- This role is in the Mining Department at a BL Level and reporting to the Miner
- Grade 12 / N3 / Equivalent NQF Level 4 qualification (essential)
- Valid EB/Code 8 Drivers License (essential)
- Required classification as per VTS testing for specific role
- Competent B and A certificate for Underground (advantageous)
- Blasting Assistance certificate for Underground (advantageous)
Experience & knowledge required:
- Minimum of 1 year’s practical experience in an underground mining environment (advantageous)
- As an advantage, one should have sound knowledge and experience of:
- Underground mining practices and operations
- Underground blasting practices and operations
- Underground construction services
- Underground drilling knowledge and skills
- Safety, Health and Environmental Legislation and standards applicable to underground mining
- Be prepared to work shifts, do standby duties, callouts, and work overtime as per what the role may require
- Must have strong administrative and organisational skills
- Ability to work under pressure, be independent and a self-starter
- Ability to be working at heights
- Medical Certificate of Fitness to work underground. Medical assessment will include vertigo and claustrophobia amongst others. Able to tolerate physical exertion
- The post is dependent on the successful completion of the Company’s pre-employment protocol such as qualifications verification, relevant psychometric and technical assessments and security clearance
HOW TO APPLY:
For all internal applicants, you are required to complete an internal application form and attach detailed CV. This form must be accompanied with a signature from your immediate line manager and Head of Department, failure to do so would render your application invalid
Preference will be given to Venetia employees who meet the criteria
All applications must be accompanied by a formal letter from the Municipality or Tribal Council on an original letterhead confirming that the applicant is from the local area. This confirmation should have a date stamp not older than three months. Any false information provided in the application form will be investigated and may lead to formal disciplinary action that could lead to the dismissal of the employee. This proof must be submitted along with proof of the qualification.
To apply for this role, please complete our online application form. You will have the opportunity to upload your CV and other relevant documentation as part of this process.
Only applicants from within the Labour sending areas of Venetia Mine (Musina/Blouberg) will be considered for this position.
APPLY FOR THE ANGLO AMERICAN UNDERGROUND MINING ASSISTANT VACANCIES HERE
Submit applications on or before Closing Date: 09 April 2023
You May Also Like…
PRASA CRES 12 MONTH INTERNSHIP PROGRAMME (X49 POSTS) FOR UNEMPLOYED GRADUATES CLOSING 31 MARCH 2023
CITY OF POLOKWANE MUNICIPALITY | SYSTEM AMBASSADOR TRAINEES (X27 POSTS) CLOSING 30 MARCH 2023
X4 GROUNDSMAN VACANCIES AT THE DEPARTMENT OF PUBLIC WORKS AND INFRASTRUCTURE | APPLY WITH GRADE 10 OR ABET
Leave a Comment