The Gauteng Department of Health invites suitably qualified applicants to apply for their Level 2 Porter Work Opportunities (X6 Posts). The closing date for applications is the 11th May 2023
Reference Number: REFS/017083
Package: R125 373.00 – R137 541.00 per annum (plus benefits)
Directorate: Patient Affairs Directorate
Employer: Department of Health
Location: Kalafong Provincial Tertiary Hospital
- Minimum of Abet Level 4 / Standard 08/ Grade 10 not less than twelve (12) months experience as a Porter in a Public Hospital environment.
- Attach testimonial from supervisor / Human Resource Development that clearly indicates the mentioned work experience.
- Good physical health, excellent interpersonal relations, communication skills and telephone etiquette.
- Be prepared to work under pressure and be able to work in a team.
- Sound knowledge of Patients’ Rights and Batho Pele Principles and must have good knowledge of the meaning of patients waiting time, staff attitude as indicated in the Ministerial Key Priority Areas.
- Must be prepared to work shifts, which includes night duty, weekends and Public Holidays and must be prepared to rotate and operate as a reliever in all Sections when requested.
- Execute any other legal duties/instructions given by the Supervisor.
- Loading and offloading patients from private cars, ambulances and transportation of patients to various destinations in the hospital.
- Accompany walking, non-walking patients to different clinical areas around the hospital.
- Wheel empty or stretches as per request.
- Collection of corpses from Casualty, ICU, High Care and Wards to Mortuary fridge gauges before sorting corpse in the fridge.
- Segregate generated waste according to Infection Prevention and control guidelines.
- Collecting of unused equipment’s around the hospital and reporting of lost, damaged or dysfunctional equipment’s.
- Cleaning of equipment’s at all times, preparing them for re-use and covering stretchers with clean linen.
- Wearing of nametags for identification is compulsory.
- Comply with Occupational Health Standards (OHS) and Infection Control.
- Execute any duties delegated by your supervisor.
Applications must be submitted using the New Z83 application form obtainable here
All fields in the New Z83 form, must be completed and signed. Furthermore, a comprehensive Curriculum Vitae (CV) must also be attached. Failure to attach the completed Z83 and the Curriculum Vitae (CV) will result in disqualification.
Applications must be submitted to:
Kalafong Hospital, Human Resource Department, Private Bag X396, Pretoria, 0001. Hand Delivery at Kalafong Security Gate and sign in register book
ENQUIRIES: Mr. KP Ramasodi Tel No: (012) 318 6761
CLOSING DATE: 11 MAY 2023
Porter Work Opportunities
You May Also Like…