The KwaZulu Natal Department of Transport invites suitably qualified applicants to apply for their Driver / Messenger Vacancies (X4 Posts). The closing date for applications is the 17th May 2023
POST: DRIVER / MESSENGER (04 POSTS)
INKOSI MHLABUNZIMA MAPHUMULO HOUSE, PIETERMARITZBURG (03 POSTS) (REF. NO. DOT 59/2023) (REGISTRY SERVICES)
NKOSI MHLABUNZIMA MAPHUMULO HOUSE, PIETERMARITZBURG (01 POST) (REF. NO. DOT 60/2023) (OFFICE OF THE MEC)
SALARY: R171 537 Per Annum (Salary Level 4)
- Grade 10 or 7-12 – months driver/messenger experience; plus
- Valid driver’s licence (minimum code B with PrDP).
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND COMPETENCIES REQUIRED:
- Knowledge of the procedures to operate the motor vehicle e.g. procedures to obtain trip authorities, complete the logbooks of the motor vehicle, obtain consumables (e.g. petrol) and obtain basic services (e.g. fixing a flat tyre).
- Knowledge of the prescripts for the correct utilisation of the motor vehicle e.g. how and for what purposes can the motor vehicle be utilised, what are the requirements for the storage of the vehicle.
- Knowledge of city(ies) in which the functions will be performed.
- Knowledge of the procedures to ensure that the motor vehicle is maintained properly.
- Knowledge on collection and delivery of mail and other documents.
- Communication skills (verbal and writing).
- Negotiation and problem-solving skills.
- Organizing and planning skills.
- Innovative and creative skills.
- Ability to interpret and apply instructions.
- Basic literacy skills.
- Openness and transparency skills.
The ideal candidate should be able to work as part of a team, must have a good interpersonal relation, punctual, reliable, flexible, ability to work under pressure. She/he must also be honest, have integrity, be receptive to ideas and suggestions, trustworthy, loyal, accountable, responsible, friendly, courteous, diplomatic, open minded and independent.
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS:
Drive light and medium motor vehicles to transport passengers and deliver other items (mail and/or documents).
Routine maintenance on the allocated vehicle and report defects timeously.
Complete all the required and prescribed records and logbook with regard to the vehicle and the goods handled.
Render a clerical support/messenger service in the relevant office, this would, inter alia, entail the following:
- Collect and deliver documentation and related items in the Department.
- Copy and fax documents.
- Assist in the registry component as and when required.
Applications must be submitted on a new Z83 Application form obtainable here
Applications can be forwarded to:
Recruitment & Selection Section, Human Resource Practices Directorate, Department of Transport, Private Bag X9043, Pietermaritzburg, 3200.
Applications may alternatively be hand delivered to the office of the Department of Transport, Inkosi Mhlabunzima Maphumulo House, 172 Burger Street, Pietermaritzburg, 3200 in the vacancy box provided For the personal attention of Mr B Hornsby.
- Mr MM Magubane: Tel No.: 033 – 355 0046
- Mr SZ Sibisi: Tel No.: 033 – 355 8600
CLOSING DATE: 17 MAY 2023 AT 16h00
Driver / Messenger Vacancies
You May Also Like…