The Gauteng Department of Health invites Unemployed South African Youth to apply for their Health Promoter Vacancies. The closing date for applications is the 12th April 2023
POST 11/146: HEALTH PROMOTER REF NO: TDHS/A/2023/30 (X3 POSTS)
Salary: R151 884 per annum
Centre: Tshwane District Health Services
- Grade 12.
- Community work experience will be an added advantage.
- The candidate should be an excellent communicator and public speaker.
- Should be able to speak the local languages and understand the cultural practices within communities e.g., Laudium, Soshanguve and Olievenhoutbosch drivers Licence.
Other Skills: Project management, Personal skills, communication skills
- Compile a community profile of the catchment population of the facility.
- Implement provincial, district and sub-district health promotion strategies/campaigns at facility level in ways suited to local conditions and including awareness campaigns.
- Health Promoters will be implementing Health Promotion interventions at health facilities, where they are based, on full working days on Mondays and Tuesdays.
- The exception will be, in the event of a campaign or project.
- Health Promoters will submit weekly plans to the facility manager and the Chief Community Liaison Officer, at the start of each week.
- Participate in National, Provincial and District projects and campaigns outside of the facility, from time to time as required by the Department.
- Implement health promotion activities for programme specific campaigns in accordance with the health calendar and in accordance to the identified health needs Provide health education sessions to individuals and groups on healthy lifestyles components at Clinic’s, Schools and in the Neighborhoods.
- Manage and use audio and visuals aids and IEC materials for health education.
- Provide IEC material to clients.
- Do practical demonstrations when conducting health education.
- Keep records on e.g. health education registers, attendance registers, agendas, minutes, etc.
- Conduct community dialogues on healthy lifestyles components.
- Establish Health Promoting Schools.
- Implement Integrated Management of Childhood Illness, community component (IMCI cc) activities to child minders and Traditional healers.
- Educate, monitor and support child minders on child safety and implement Healthy Environments for Children’s Alliance (HECA).
- Establish Health Promoting Schools Establish alliance with NGO’s, CBO’s, FBO’s, forums etc.
- Participate as a member of the Sub –district Outbreak Response Teams (SORT).
- Mobilize communities through Blitz awareness campaign strategies Form part of Ward based Outreach Teams and provide technical support.
- Conduct radio talks on community radio stations on healthy lifestyles components.
- Use community radio for mass mobilization and awareness on disease outbreaks with use/aid of an approved script.
Applications should be submitted on a New Z83 Application form obtainable here
Applications must be submitted to:
Tshwane District Health Services, 3319 Fedsure Forum Building, Cnr Lilian Ngoyi and Pretorius Street, Pretoria 0001, Application Box, First Floor Reception.
No faxed applications will be considered.
Enquiries: Mmathapelo Mokwena Tel No: 012 451 9169
DOWNLOAD THE NEW Z83 APPLICATION FORM HERE
CLOSING DATE: 12 APRIL 2023
You May also Like…
THE FOSCHINI GROUP HAS NEW WORK OPPORTUNITIES FOR YOUNG SOUTH AFRICANS
ANGLO AMERICAN UNDERGROUND MINING ASSISTANT VACANCIES FOR UNEMPLOYED SA YOUTH CLOSING 09 APRIL 2023
PRASA CRES 12 MONTH INTERNSHIP PROGRAMME (X49 POSTS) FOR UNEMPLOYED GRADUATES CLOSING 31 MARCH 2023
Leave a Comment