The Johannesburg City Parks and Zoo invites suitably qualified applicants to apply for their Cemetery Worker Vacancies (X22 Posts). The closing date for applications is the 2nd June 2023
To perform all operational duties that contribute to the effective and efficient running of the Cemetery and the performing of its respective services, as directed by the Supervisor.
Preparation and Maintenance of Cemetery Grounds:
- Correctly mark out graves and carry out digging and filling of graves as per specifications and as required
- Monitor graves digging and ensure compliance with standard and specifications
- Locate graves for re-opening as and when required
- Carry out loading and off-loading of tools, equipment and machinery including storage as per the departmental standards
- Inspect graves and report any irregular activity
- Seasonal preparation and planting of all areas as per Supervisor’s instructions
- Perform ground maintenance (collecting litter, weeding, pruning, watering, fertilizing and grass cutting)
- Perform pest control using appropriate equipment
- Cleaning of buildings, toilets, vehicles, equipment and worksites
- Report maintenance/ repair requirements of tools, equipment and machinery
- Assist in level testing
- Ensure adherence to all safety rules and regulations
- Report and identified safety risks to Supervisor.
Funeral Coordination and assistance of bereaved:
- Assist the public with the identification of graves
- Identify and allocate graves and ensure that burials are done in allocated graves
- Assist Funeral Undertakers and families with the identification of gravesites and preparing for internments
- Usher Undertakers to the graves booked when burials take place and issue grave pegs with numbers
- Check graves following burials to ensure that the correct burial has taken place according to the bookings and make the necessary corrections where changes have occurred
- Direct stonemasons to the correct graves for tombstone erections
- Check that all tombstone erections comply with standards and specifications
- Ensure that stonemasons clean up the area after work has been completed.
Optimises Individual Performance:
- Actively participates and manages own performance levels
- Ensure attendance to training and regular one-on-one meetings with Supervisor to discuss progress
SHEQ, Security Monitoring and Risk:
- Provide inputs for the development/ review of SOPs for the Cemeteries Department
- Implement and monitor JCPZ safety, health, environmental and security policies and procedures
- Implement identified risk mitigation measures
- Respond to public enquiries and refer to Supervisor.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Grade 12 or equivalent (NQF level 4)
- Hands on experience with relevant tools and equipment is preferred
- Experience with groundskeeping is an advantage.
Email CVs to: [email protected]
Enquiries: Abongwe Mini Tel: 011 712 6601
CLOSING DATE: 02 JUNE 2023
You May Also Like…