Polokwane Municipality invites suitably qualified unemployed South Africans to apply for their General Worker Vacancies (X79 Posts). The closing date for applications is the 23rd November 2023
POSITIONS: GENERAL WORKERS X79
- Salary: R139 647-R141 275 (basic salary per annum excluding benefits)
- Post level: 17
- Reference: EXT/23/24/71
- Grade 07 or ABET Level 3.
- Basic reading and writing.
- No experience.
- The physical attributes required for the performance of tasks associated with specific key performance areas in this post necessitates that the incumbent be physically sound and in a healthy condition.
- Be prepared to work shifts, only in sections/functions where shift work is required.
- Good sight ability and physically fit.
- Ability to bend, stoop and kneel as the employee must do physical Labour.
- Ability to carry, lift and push heavy objects.
- Be prepared to work in confined spaces and elevated heights.
- First Aid, Plant operation, water testing, use of chlorine and fire extinguisher
- Assist with the erection/installation/ maintenance of infrastructure.
- Responsible for general maintenance activities.
- Assist with handling of chemicals.
- Responsible for digging holes and trenches as well as any other duty relating to the preparation and repairing of work areas.
- Loading and off-loading of materials, chemicals and equipment.
- Responsible for care of tools and equipment.
- Responsible for general housekeeping of plant, site and offices.
- Adhere to the Occupational Health and Safety regulations.
- General cleaning of municipal premises.
- Grass cutting and ground cleaning.
- General maintenance of museums using traditional methods.
- Collecting and loading of waste into trucks.
- Collection of street and littered waste in and around public areas.
- Bottling of drinking water.
- Verbally reporting the condition/status of tools to the immediate superior.
SPECIAL CONDITIONS ATTACHED TO SOME OF THE POSITIONS:
- Required to work in all weather conditions.
- Exposure to high voltage systems.
- Must at least have basic understanding of English.
- Required to work outside normal working hours during emergencies and planned overtime.
- Must be able to work without constant supervision and under pressure.
APPLICATIONS SUBMITTED WITHOUT THE OFFICIAL APPLICATION FORM WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
Suitable candidates will be subjected to a personnel suitability check (Criminal record, Citizenship, credit record, qualifications verification, and employment verifications). Where applicable candidates will be subjected to a skills/ knowledge test.)
The form must be accompanied by a detailed CV, originally certified copies (not older than three months) of qualifications, ID, any other supporting documents and may be hand delivered to:
Polokwane Municipality Civic Centre at Cnr Landros Mare & Bodenstein Streets, POLOKWANE on the 09 Floor office no 902.
CLOSING DATE: 23 NOVEMBER 2023
Polokwane Municipality General Worker
EDUPSTAIRS IS A REGISTERED NON-PROFIT ORGANISATION NPO No: 232 – 182, PUBLIC BENEFIT ORGANISATION (PBO): 930066984. EDUPSTAIRS DOES NOT, IN ANY WAY OR FORM, SOLICIT MONEY OR CV’S FROM PEOPLE FOR JOBS. PLEASE BE AWARE OF PHONY JOB POSTINGS AND RECRUITMENT FRAUD. FOR MORE INFORMATION VISIT OUR SCAM/FRAUD ALERT PAGE HERE
You May Also Like…