The Department of Water and Sanitation invites suitably qualified applicants to apply for their General worker Vacancies (X6 Posts). The closing date for applications is the 11th April 2023
POST 11/106: GENERAL WORKER REF NO: 110423/09 (X6 POSTS)
SALARY: R107 196 per annum (Level 02)
- Mthatha Dam (X2 Posts)
- Uitkeer (X1 Post)
- Xonxa Dam (X1 Post)
- Kat River Dam (X1 Post)
- Ntenetyana Dam (X1 Post)
- ABET qualification.
- Two (2) years’ experience in performing manual work will be an added advantage.
- Knowledge of general work in handling equipment and appliances.
- Knowledge of working on various general work including lawn care process.
- Knowledge of the pruning and trimming process and techniques.
- Basic knowledge of chemical use (dilution/mix) chemical product knowledge.
- Basic knowledge daily maintenance procedures for efficient machine/equipment performance.
- Basic in supporting water utilization and water resource strategy.
- Basic knowledge of health and safety procedures.
- Basic knowledge of garden maintenance.
- Basic understanding of Government legislation.
- Communication skills and ability to work in a team.
- Must be punctual, productive, and loyal.
- Must be able to work in or near rivers, dams, and canals.
- Clean and maintain grounds, canals etc.
- Repair tools and structures such as building, fences, around canals dam areas and benches using hand and power tools.
- Mix spray or spread fertilizers using hand or atomic sprayers or spreaders.
- Provide proper upkeep of sidewalks, driveways, parking lots, planters, and other ground features.
- Maintain existing grounds / gardens by caring for sod, plants, and trees.
- Rake and mulch leaves irrigate plants and lawns.
- Sweep walkways, grounds, and clean buildings by sweeping and washing floors.
Applications should be submitted using the New Z83 Application form obtainable here
Applications need to be submitted to:
Southern Operations: (Port Elizabeth/Gqeberha) Please forward your applications to the Department of Water and Sanitation, P.O Box 5501, Walmer, Port Elizabeth/Gqeberha, 6065 or Hand deliver at 50 Heugh Road, Lion Roars Office Park c/o 3rd Avenue and Heugh Road ,Walmer.
Mr SF Cannon – Uitkeer at (060) 543 8319 Mr ML Boyce – Mthatha Dam, Xonxa Dam, Kat River Dam, Ntenetyana Dam at (083) 412 1966
CLOSING DATE: 11 APRIL 2023
You May Also Like…