The City of Joburg’s Pikitup invites unemployed South Africans to apply for their Street Cleaning General Workers (EPWP). The closing date for applications is the 9th October 2023
POSITION: SHORT TERM CONTRACTS FOR STREET CLEANING GENERAL WORKERS (EPWP)
- Litter picking, street sweeping, removing of stickers and pamphlets from street furniture, poles and road signs, cleaning informal settlements, assisting with clean-up campaigns in partnership with the City Departments
- Loading of waste to the trucks
- Distribution of Pikitup refuse bags/ bin liners at informal settlements
- Identify, remove and clean illegal dumping hotspots
- Clearing of spillages when bag breakage occurs.
- Report all incidences relating to safety, equipment and injuries to the supervisor
- Conduct environmental education and awareness in communities
- Applicants must be the City of Johannesburg residents
- City of Johannesburg proof of residence is needed if the applicant is a home owner
- In the case where the applicant is not a home owner, the following documents will be needed: an affidavit confirming place of residence
- Must be able to read, communicate and carry out instructions
- Successful candidates will be subjected to vetting where necessary
- Ability to use the prescribed position tools of trade (Broom/litter picker/rakes etc.)
- Ability to communicate in local languages applicable to the wards
- Team player and someone who follows instructions.
Interested applicants must submit a comprehensive CV together with the following documents:
- Certified valid South African Identity Document or Card
- Proof of Residence or Affidavit confirming proof of address
By submitting your application for a position of EPWP, you are consenting that the personal information submitted as part of your application may be used for the purposes of the EPWP related process.
However, registering your CV and/or receipt and acknowledgement of any kind shall not be an indication that your application will be successful and /or lead to employment.
Pikitup reserves the right not to make an appointment.
Please take note that only online applications will be considered. Please apply by using this link:
Contact Person: Tumelo Modise: Tel No: 087 357 1119/20
CLOSING DATE: 09 OCTOBER 2023
City of Joburg’s Pikitup
EDUPSTAIRS IS A REGISTERED NON-PROFIT ORGANISATION NPO No: 232 – 182, PUBLIC BENEFIT ORGANISATION (PBO): 930066984. EDUPSTAIRS DOES NOT, IN ANY WAY OR FORM, SOLICIT MONEY OR CV’S FROM PEOPLE FOR JOBS. PLEASE BE AWARE OF PHONY JOB POSTINGS AND RECRUITMENT FRAUD. FOR MORE INFORMATION VISIT OUR SCAM/FRAUD ALERT PAGE HERE
You May Also Like…