The Department of Home Affairs invites suitably qualified applicants to apply for their Receiving Clerk Vacancies (X100 Posts). The closing date for applications is the 2nd March 2023
The Department of Home Affairs, DHA, in collaboration with Harambee and the Department of Employment and Labour, DEL as the National Pathway Management Network, seeks to employ 100 unemployed youth as Receiving Clerks for the digitization of the department of home affairs records.
The DHA has started the digitization process of converting over 350 million paper records into electronic format for improved service delivery.
The DHA seeks to contribute to the employment creation goals and strategic priorities of the Presidential Employment Stimulus programme by hiring unemployed youth on a fixed term contracts to assist.
- Verify boxes and files received.
- Capture and number boxes and files received.
- Unpacks delivery shipments and compares record boxes lists to receiving list, ensuring accurate shipment.
- package boxes for shipping back out.
- Removes packing boxes from the storage and trucks/vehicles.
- Tracking and maintaining the inventory of any records that come into or go out from digitisation hubs.
- Ensure each box and record has an accurate count and check if anything is missing/damaged on arrival.
- Keep track of records to calculate record amounts accurately.
WHO CAN APPLY?
- South African citizens aged between 18-35 years old.
- A minimum of a Diploma in Document and / or Records Management or Information Technology
- No criminal record.
Should you receive notice that you have been selected for shortlisting, you will be required to present the following documents:
- Copy of certified qualifications.
- Copy of certified identity document.
Successful candidates will be subjected to suitability checks (Citizenship, Credit, Criminal and Qualification Verification).
Duration of contract: 3 years (approximately May/June 2023- May/June 2026). A contract linked to the duration of the project will be signed upon appointment.
Should you not hear from DHA by May/June 2023, please consider your application unsuccessful. You may continue to look for more opportunities on sayouth.mobi.
All roles will be in person at the Department of Home Affairs in Gauteng Province (Pretoria) and the North West Province (Brits).
APPLY FOR THE RECEIVING CLERK VACANCIES (X100 POSTS) AT THE DEPARTMENT OF HOME AFFAIRS HERE
CLOSING DATE: 02 MARCH 2023
You May Also Like…
TRANSNET FREIGHT RAIL VARIOUS OPEN VACANCIES CLOSING 27 FEBRUARY 2023
NEW CLEANING VACANCIES (X40 POSTS) AT THE DEPARTMENT OF DEFENCE CLOSING 10 MARCH 2023
MPUMALANGA PUBLIC WORKS, ROADS AND TRANSPORT YOUTH EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES (X300 POSTS) CLOSING 03 MARCH 2023
Leave a Comment