The City of Joburg invites suitably qualified applicants to apply for the City of Joburg Transport Department Internship Positions for a period not exceeding 18 months. The closing date for applications is the 19th July 2022
An internship programme is an intervention by the City of Johannesburg to address the growing demand by a tertiary institution for students to undergo on-the-job exposure, as a pre-requisite to acquire an academic qualification or as a requirement after the acquisition of academic qualification to obtain experiential training. The City is committed to providing work-based training for students.
This Vacancy is open to all qualifying STUDENTS in the Johannesburg Community for a period not exceeding 18 months
- Interested applicants are invited to apply for the positions listed in the circular.
- Complete the online job application form and attach all relevant documents (Certified Qualification/s, ID, and CV).
- The City of Johannesburg reserves the right not to make an appointment.
- Appointments will be made in accordance with the COJ Employment Equity policy and People with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
- The City of Johannesburg is an equal opportunity employer.
- Grade 12 at NQF level 4 (with at least mathematics);
- Diploma in Transportation Management/Supply Chain/Operations Management or any other related quality control qualification;
- Only City of Joburg residents will be considered.
Recording of operated kilometers and cancelled trips by the bus operating companies at Rea Vaya bus stations.
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS:
- Recording of kilometers of buses operated, including breakdowns and cancelled trips;
- Assist in the administration work for quality control sub-directorate;
- Kilometer reconciliation of cancelled trips and of schedules with the bus operating companies;
- Submit administrative documents for resolving customer complaints for reporting purposes.
- Computer literacy (MS Office applications) and email.
- Language proficiency (reading and writing) in English and excellent written, verbal and listening communication skills;
- Problem analysis and problem solving;
- Ability to work with numbers.
Applicants are respectfully informed that, if no notification of appointment/response is received within six (6) weeks of the closing date, they must accept that their application was unsuccessful. By submitting your application for a position at the City of Johannesburg, you are consenting that the personal information submitted as part of your application may be used for the purposes of the Recruitment and Selection and related process.
CLOSING DATE: 19 JULY 2022