Are you interested in a career in traffic law enforcement? Applications for the Western Cape traffic officer intake for 2022 are now open.
The Department of Transport and Public Works will be recruiting Traffic Students for the completion of a Further Education and Training Certificate: Road Traffic Law Enforcement. This is a twelve (12) month training course which will commence on Monday, 17 January 2022 at the Gene Louw College (GLTC), Brackenfell.
Reference Number: WCG210916-1
Tracking Number: TPW 86/2021
Traffic Student Intake: Provincial Inspector ( Worcester, Laingsburg, Beaufort West, Brackenfell, Somerset West, George, Mossel Bay, Knysna, Vredenburg and Vredendal), Ref No. TPW 86/2021
Should vacant funded Provincial Inspector posts exist after obtaining the Further Education and Training Certificate and be considered for filling, individuals may be offered permanent employment against such posts at one of the Provincial Traffic Centres.
The various Traffic Centres are as follows: Worcester, Laingsburg, Beaufort West, Brackenfell, Somerset West, George, Mossel Bay, Knysna, Vredenburg and Vredendal. You may select only one Centre of preference closest to your residential area in the application questions.
Provincial Traffic Law Enforcement provides a 24/7 traffic law enforcement service, therefore after appointment candidates will be expected to work shifts including Public holidays and Sundays and be willing to work additional hours, if required; Successful candidates must obtain their own accommodation while attending at GLTC, Brackenfell; Students will be subject to the code of conduct of the College as well as competency requirements of the College; Students will be required to undergo extensive physical training, whilst at the College.
LOCATION – TOWN / CITY (WESTERN CAPE PROVINCE)
Worcester, Laingsburg, Beaufort West, Brackenfell, Somerset West, George, Mossel Bay, Knysna, Vredenburg and Vredendal
- A Senior Certificate or equivalent qualification; Valid motor vehicle license (manual) code B (learners licenses will not be accepted;
- Applicant must be physically fit,
- Pregnant persons will not be considered as physical tasks during recruitment and subsequent training may pose a threat to the unborn child and/or mother;
- Visible tattoos and body piercings (except females with one piercing in each ear) will disqualify an applicant as this will not compliment uniformity in a uniform wearing environment;
- No criminal record; Candidates must qualify for appointment as an Authorized Officer and for the appointment as Peace Officer in terms of the Criminal Procedure Act 51 of 1977; Well versed with the home language of the majority of residents in a specific area where the successful incumbents will be appointed;
- Candidates reserved for shortlisting will be subject to undergo fingerprint checks by the SAPS and will be required to undergo the following tests: interview, knowledge test, fitness, driving test and a medical test as proof that the reserved candidates may do strenuous exercise;
- Applicants must be resident in the immediate vicinity of their selected traffic centres, if appointed afterwards. Applicants 35 years and older do not qualify as this is a National requirement.
APPLY FOR THE WESTERN CAPE DEPARTMENT OF TRANSPORT AND PUBLIC WORKS TRAFFIC OFFICER INTAKE FOR 2022 HERE
One year or more driving experience will be an advantage; Candidates younger than 35 years of age will receive preference as these positions are targeted at the youth of the province.
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS
Enforce road traffic, public passenger and transport legislations; Provide visible traffic control/policing and promote/ensure crime prevention activities; Perform all administrative activities and related duties.
Good written and verbal communication skills in at least two of the three official languages of the Province; Good interpersonal and public relations skills; Ability to work under pressure; Assertive and confident personality; Ability to work in a team and independently.
A training stipend of R 5 000.00 per month will be paid monthly for the duration of the training period.
Note: The Department promotes and applies the principles of employment equity and persons with disabilities; However, persons with disabilities are excluded from the training opportunity due to the requirements that the applicant must be physically fit and able to do strenuous exercises as part of the core modules of the qualification; The conducting of tests of candidates for intoxicating substances may be imposed based on the nature of the work. Persons from relevant local communities will receive preference, residential address may be verified based on applicants details provided.
Only applicants who have met the advertisement criteria will receive a link to their registered email address to answer knowledge-based questions as part of the selection process. If you have not received correspondence within 3 months from closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Only online applications will be considered. Please apply via the online Western Cape Government Careers portal only.
If this is your first time applying, you will need to follow the following steps:
- Click on SIGN UP
- Complete the required information
- Verify your email address (you will receive an email helping you to do this)
- Submit all required attachments and ensure your profile is complete
- Click APPLY on the actual job advertisement on the Western Cape Government Careers portal
- You will receive an email confirming that your application has been received.
Kindly note that technical support is only available from Monday to Friday from 8:00 to 16.00 should you experience any technical difficulties with your online application, please go here
No emailed CV’s will be accepted as an application. You must complete the registration and application process online on the Western Cape Government Careers portal
Please ensure that you submit your application before the closing date of 08 October 2021 as no late applications will be considered. This is due to the selection process as well as the training programme which will commence on 17 January 2022.
Closing date: 08 October 2021
Enquiries: Mr B Singh and Mr WP van der Merwe at (021) 983 1500
Leave a Comment