The South African Breweries (SAB) invites Unemployed South African Youth to apply for their Brewing and Quality In – Service Trainee vacancies. These vacancies were listed on the 15th September 2022
The key purpose of this job is to provide laboratory support to the value chain by performing checks and analysis on beer and packaging to enable production to produce beer that conforms to SAB quality standards
Key roles and responsibilities:
- Carry out specialized quality analyses for which the shift-based teams are not responsible
- Record the results of analyses on appropriate information systems and communicate results where required.
- Conduct analysis of results to identify problems and improvement opportunities timeously. Where problems or improvement opportunities have been identified, communicate these to the relevant stakeholders.
- Assist the shift-based teams in the execution of quality analysis, where required
- Conduct calibration of specialist equipment for which the labs are responsible and provide calibration assistance to the shift based teams where required
- Conduct required and requested quality audits, completing the appropriate documentation and communicating the results
- Review quality analysis procedures of shift based teams, identifying problems or training needs and communicating these to the team leader
- Conduct regular audits of calibration procedures of shift based production teams and communicating results. Where required, initiate corrective actions coming out of the quality audits in areas that impact the laboratory
- Support the shift based production teams in problem solving, providing specialist assistance and techniques. Where required, take part in FFA’s as a functional expert. Where required, ensure that learnings identified in problem solving sessions are incorporated into analytic and other lab procedures
- Support the shift based production teams by assisting in training needs analysis. Take part in the CAP process, specifically in the assessment of quality analyses competence. Take part in the development of training material, specifically in quality analysis. Where required, take part in the training of shift based production teams on quality analyses
- Carry out specialized analyses in support of the evaluation of continuous improvement opportunities. Determine additional analytic work required evaluating continuous improvement opportunities. Where required, take part in team evaluations of continuous improvement opportunities.
- Take part in regional and divisional process optimization initiatives as required
- Grade 12 and studying towards N Diploma in Food Technology/Microbiology(3rd Year
- Willing to complete In-Service/ Experiential Training in Industry.
- Ability to control stocks of test consumables
- Ability to archive data effectively
- Ability to plan the work
SAB/ABInBev is an equal opportunity employer, and all appointments will be made in line with SAB/ABInBev employment equity plan and talent requirements. The advert has minimum requirements listed. Management reserves the right to use additional/ relevant information as criteria for short-listing.
In accordance with South African Breweries Pty (ltd) duty to provide and maintain a workplace that is safe for of our employees and their families, our customers and visitors, and the community at large from infectious diseases that may be reduced by vaccinations, we require all new appointments to be vaccinated as a condition of employment at our company.