Motus Ford Germiston invites suitably qualified applicants to apply for their Permanent Motor Mechanic Apprentice Position. The closing date for applications is the 1st February 2024
POST: APPRENTICE LEVEL 1: MOTOR MECHANIC
- Reference Number: MOT240125-14
- Branch/Department: Ford Germiston
- Job Type Classification: Permanent
- Location: Airport Park, Germiston
Motus FORD GERMISTON has an opportunity available for a LEVEL 1 APPRENTICE (MOTOR MECHANIC). This is an amazing opportunity for someone who is keen to train and qualify as a Motor Mechanic.
We require suitable candidates to participate in all aspects of the apprenticeship programme; assisting with the repair of vehicles while working under the supervision of a qualified Technician; fulfilling the MerSETA requirements of the trade, mastering level tests and qualifying within a maximum of 4 years.
To participate in all aspects of the apprenticeship programme; assisting with the repair of vehicles while working under the supervision of a qualified Technician; fulfilling the MerSETA requirements of the trade, mastering level tests and qualifying within a maximum of 4 years.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Attend scheduled technical/ level training courses.
- To assist with the repair of vehicles in order to obtain practical experience under the supervision and instruction of a technician.
- Prepare thoroughly for level tests in order to qualify within the maximum of 4 years.
- Assist with housekeeping; keeping tools and equipment clean and in good order, and work area clean.
- Follow workplace safety and conduct rules and protocols.
- Perform any other reasonable duties which may be required from time to time.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Must have Grade 12 with Pure Maths and Physical Science.
- Valid, unendorsed driver’s license
- Must have a clear criminal record
- Mechanical insight and technical skills and experience will be advantage.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Competently able to operate manufacturer diagnostic equipment/ computer in order to access information.
- Physically fit for heavy work; able to physically complete the duties associated with the role.
- Enjoy working with your hands.
- Able to work in noisy environments.
- Have good eyesight and hand-eye coordination.
- Possess very strong problem solving/ trouble shooting and motor vehicle fault finding skills.
- Mental alertness
- Must have sound English communication and writing skills to accurately record findings and work conducted on job cards and access repair information in OEM bulletins and online systems.
- Meticulous and accurate
- A team player.
- Energetic and action orientated.
CLOSING DATE: 01 FEBRUARY 2024
EDUPSTAIRS IS A REGISTERED NON-PROFIT ORGANISATION NPO No: 232 – 182, PUBLIC BENEFIT ORGANISATION (PBO): 930066984. EDUPSTAIRS DOES NOT, IN ANY WAY OR FORM, SOLICIT MONEY OR CV’S FROM PEOPLE FOR JOBS. PLEASE BE AWARE OF PHONY JOB POSTINGS AND RECRUITMENT FRAUD. FOR MORE INFORMATION VISIT OUR SCAM/FRAUD ALERT PAGE HERE
You May Also Like…