The Limpopo Department of Education hereby invites applications for hundred and seventy (170) posts of Learner Support Agents in highly burdened schools and ten (10) posts of Social Worker in the Education Districts for the HIV & AIDS project for a two year fixed – term contract.
The above conditional grant posts are targeted at South African citizens who will be able to do the following among others:
- Work with School Based Support Teams to screen and identify vulnerable learners and development plans to support them.
- Establish and manage networks with local stakeholders that support the provision of care and support for learners.
- Provide counselling to learners who are experiencing or have been exposed to trauma.
- Set up and supervise Peer Education clubs and Peer Support groups.
- Applicants are advised to target schools closer to their homes because they will be expected to work after hours.
Applicants for the 170 Post – Matriculant posts must write on the Z83 form for the school they are applying for.
The Department reserves the right not to make any appointment to the programme.
No late applications will be considered, whether faxed, e-mailed, posted or hand-delivered after the closing date, such applications will not be considered.
Due to a large number of applications we envisage, correspondence will be limited to shortlisted candidates only. Therefore, if you do not hear from us within three (3) months after the closing date, consider your application as being unsuccessful.
Applications for all the posts should be submitted on the prescribed Z83 form and should be accompanied by:
- CV (previous experience must be comprehensively detailed);
- Certified ID copy;
- Certified copy of the National Senior Certificate;
- Proof of residence;
- Certified copies of qualification certificates.
Applications for the 170 Post – Matriculant posts must be submitted at the Districts whose addresses are listed on the attached Annexure B.
Applications for the 10 Social Worker posts for the Education Districts must be directed to:
The Head of Department, Department of Education, Private Bag X9489, Polokwane, 0700 or handed in at Office No. H03 [Registry], at 113 Biccard Street, Polokwane.
Closing date: The closing date for submission of applications for all the posts involved is 28 October 2022 at 15h00.
CLOSING DATE: 28 OCTOBER 2022
Limpopo Department of Education