The KwaZulu Natal Department of Transport invites suitably qualified applicants to apply for their Groundsman Vacancies (X10 Posts). The closing date for applications is the 7th July 2023
POST: GROUNDSMAN (X10 POSTS)
EMPANGENI: (07 POSTS)
- COST CENTRE, ULUNDI (07 POSTS) (REF. NO. DOT 111/2023)
LADYSMITH: (03 POSTS)
- COST CENTRE, NEWCASTLE (03 POSTS) (REF. NO. DOT 112/2023)
SALARY: R147 036 PER ANNUM (SALARY LEVEL 03)
- AET Level 4 / Grade 9.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES REQUIRED:
- Knowledge of plants and gardening techniques.
- Knowledge of health and safety rules and regulations.
- Ability to handle a range of horticultural machinery, powered hand tools and appliances.
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Basic literacy and numeracy skills.
- Friendly personality with excellent interpersonal skills.
- The ideal candidate should be punctual, reliable, responsible, teamwork orientated, honest and have integrity
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS;
- Maintain premises and surroundings:-
- Clean premises and surroundings.
- Empty dirt bins.
- Watering the garden.
- Prune and trim flowers and trees.
- Mow the grass.
- Remove weeds and garden refuse.
- Apply insecticides.
- Cultivate the soil for trees and flowers.
- Maintain gardening equipment and tools
- Detect and report malfunctioning of garden equipment and tools.
- Repair minor defects of gardening equipment and tools.
Applications must be submitted using the New Z83 application form obtainable here
All fields in the New Z83 form, must be completed and signed. Furthermore, a comprehensive Curriculum Vitae (CV) must also be attached. Failure to attach the completed Z83 and the Curriculum Vitae (CV) will result in disqualification.
Applications can be forwarded to:
the Recruitment & Selection Section, Human Resource Practices Directorate, Department of Transport, Private Bag X9043, Pietermaritzburg, 3200.
Applications may alternatively be hand delivered to the office of the Department of Transport, Inkosi Mhlabunzima Maphumulo House, 172 Burger Street, Pietermaritzburg, 3200 in the vacancy box provided. For the personal attention of Mr B Hornsby.
- Ms N Ndebele (Empangeni) Tel. No.: 034 —980 0401
- Ms N Sibiya (Ladysmith) Tel. No.: 034 — 312 3017/3942
CLOSING DATE: 07 JULY 2023
KwaZulu Natal Groundsman Vacancies
EDUPSTAIRS IS A REGISTERED NON-PROFIT ORGANISATION NPO No: 232 – 182, PUBLIC BENEFIT ORGANISATION (PBO): 930066984. EDUPSTAIRS DOES NOT, IN ANY WAY OR FORM, SOLICIT MONEY OR CV’S FROM PEOPLE FOR JOBS. PLEASE BE AWARE OF PHONY JOB POSTINGS AND RECRUITMENT FRAUD. FOR MORE INFORMATION VISIT OUR SCAM/FRAUD ALERT PAGE HERE
You May Also Like…