The Department of Defence invites suitably qualified applicants to apply for their Accounting Clerk Vacancies (X8 Posts). The closing date for applications is the 14th July 2023
POST 22/97: ACCOUNTING CLERK (X3 POSTS)
POST 22/98: ACCOUNTING CLERK, REF NO: CFO 22/3/5
POST 22/99: ACCOUNTING CLERK REF NO: CFO 23/3/6 (X3 POSTS)
POST 22/100: ACCOUNTING CLERK REF NO: CFO 23/3/7
- Financial Management Division, Directorate Stores, Services and Related Payments (DSSRP), Finance Accounting Service Centre FASC Bloemfontein, Free State, Ref No: CFO 23/3/4A
- Financial Management Division, Directorate Stores, Services and Related Payments (DSSRP), Finance Accounting Service Centre FASC Port Elizabeth, Eastern Cape, Ref No: CFO 23/3/4B
- Financial Management Division, Directorate Stores, Services and Related Payments (DSSRP), Finance Accounting Service Centre FASC Makhado, Limpopo, Ref No: CFO 23/3/4C
- Finance Management Division, Chief Directorate Financial Services, Directorate Finance Support Services, Specialised Finance Services, Administration Support, Pretoria.
- Financial Management Division, Chief Directorate Accounting, Directorate Personnel Payments (Final Payment), Pretoria
- Finance Management Division, Directorate Central Accounts, Sub Directorate: Bank Management, Pretoria.
SALARY: R202 233 PER ANNUM (LEVEL 5)
- Grade 12 (NQF L4) certificate with Finance/Accounting subjects.
- Added Advantage: Post Matric qualification in Finance/Accounting.
- A minimum of one year relevant experience.
- A valid RSA or Military driver’s licence.
- Basic knowledge of financial and accounting processes.
- Special requirements/Skills needed: Computer literate in MS Office software packages (Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
- Ability in understanding, interpreting and correctly applying financial policies and prescripts.
- Ability to effectively liaise and communicate with clients.
- Decisive and persevering in terms of task finalisation.
- Willing to be detached to Satellite Offices across geographical boundaries.
- Willing to work with cash (as cashier), in Rand and Foreign currency.
- Willing to assist with general administrative functions and archiving /filing/safekeeping of all accounting documentation.
- Basic knowledge of contract management and supply chain management process.
- Sound knowledge of the Public Finance Management Act and Treasury Regulations as well as knowledge of Financial Management Systems or other financial systems.
- Strictly apply policies, prescriptions and regulation.
- Performing of cashier duties by paying out of cash advances.
- Receipt of State monies in to the paymaster General Account (PMG).
- Receive cash from client and verify or correctness in terms of the purpose of the payment.
- Issue an official receipt.
- Accurate allocation of Revenue.
- Timely preparation and capturing of deposits on FMS and securely dispatching of deposits to the bank.
- Safekeeping and issuing of Face Value Documents (FVD).
- Archiving of Accounting documents,
- Safekeeping of payment and other accounting documentation for audit purposes.
- Utilise the Financial Management System (FMS) to regularly record all accounting transactions and do enquiries, administering of claims on the central Advance System and capturing of all related accounting transactions on FMS.
- Confirmation of TELKOM accounts and assisting with general administration and accounting functions at the FASC.
- Scrutinise, verify, register and couple medical and supplier invoices for payment.
- Ms D.D. Nchabeleng, Tel, (012) 392 2893/2892
- Ms N. Dlepuma, Tel, (012) 392 2727
- Mr J.G. Lottering, Tel, (012) 392 2417.
- Mr L.S. Khotle, Tel, (012) 392 2557.
Applications must be submitted to: Financial Management Division, DFSS, Career Management Section, Private Bag X 137,Pretoria, 0001 or applications may be hand-delivered to: Department of Defence, Poynton building, 195 Bosman Street, Pretoria where it must be placed in wooden post box 5 at Reception. Note: Please use reference number not post number.
Applicants are not required to submit copies of qualifications and other relevant documents on application but must submit the signed New Form Z83 CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD THE EDITABLE FORM and a detailed curriculum vitae.
NB: Z83 in the e-recruitment system is currently not downloadable and therefore not signable; so, applicants who submitted applications via the e-recruitment system will not be disqualified for an unsigned Z83 instead will be requested to sign on interview day. Shortlisted candidates will be required to submit certified copies of qualifications, and other relevant documents to HR on or before the day of the interview: should you be in possession of a foreign qualification; it must be accompanied by an evaluation certificate from the South African Qualification Authority (SAQA) when submitted
CLOSING DATE: 14 JULY 2023 @ 16h00
Defence Accounting Clerk Vacancies
EDUPSTAIRS IS A REGISTERED NON-PROFIT ORGANISATION NPO No: 232 – 182, PUBLIC BENEFIT ORGANISATION (PBO): 930066984. EDUPSTAIRS DOES NOT, IN ANY WAY OR FORM, SOLICIT MONEY OR CV’S FROM PEOPLE FOR JOBS. PLEASE BE AWARE OF PHONY JOB POSTINGS AND RECRUITMENT FRAUD. FOR MORE INFORMATION VISIT OUR SCAM/FRAUD ALERT PAGE HERE
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE THESE OTHER VACANCIES