The Independent Police Investigative Directorate (IPID) invites suitably qualified applicants to apply for their Network Controller Vacancies (X3 Posts). The closing date for applications is the 10th November 2023
POST 39/58: NETWORK CONTROLLER (X3 POSTS)
SALARY: R241 485 per annum (Level 06), plus 37% in lieu of benefits
- KwaZulu Natal Ref No: Q9/2023/46 (X1 Post)
- Western Cape Ref No: Q9/2023/47(X1 Post)
- Eastern Cape Ref No: Q9/2023/48 (X1 Post)
- NQF 6 Qualification, as recognized by SAQA in Information Technology.
- Driver’s license. 3-5 years IT Network and Service Desk Management experience.
- Knowledge requirements: Knowledge of IT networks and desktop software and components.
- Knowledge of server software and hardware, Knowledge of hardware configurations.
Skills and competencies:
Technical problem-solving skills, communication and interpersonal skills, basic numeracy skills, basic driving skills, basic operating of equipment skills, basic language skills, intermediate computer programming skills and project management skills.
- Perform network troubleshooting to isolate and diagnose common network problems.
- Upgrade network hardware and software components as required.
- Install, upgrade and configure network printing, right, security and software on files servers.
- Establish network users, user environment, directories and security for installed networks.
- Monitor network performance and security.
- Provide user support service (Help Desk Services).
- Undertake technical repairs of IT equipment and perform network backups and store safely.
Applications must be submitted using the New Z83 application form obtainable here
All fields in the New Z83 form, must be completed and signed. Furthermore, a comprehensive Curriculum Vitae (CV) must also be attached. Failure to attach the completed Z83 and the Curriculum Vitae (CV) will result in disqualification.
Applications should be submitted at:
KwaZulu Natal: (Independent Police Investigative Directorate Private Bag X54303 Durban 4000 hand deliver to 3rd Floor The Marine Building 22 Dorothy, Nyembe Street Durban.
Western Cape: Independent Police Investigative Directorate, Private Bag X43, Bellville 7535 or hand deliver to Fintrust Building, 1st Floor, Corner Mazzur & Petrusa Str. Bellville.
Eastern Cape: Independent Police Investigative Directorate, Private Bag X 9085, East London, 5200 or hand deliver to 3-33 Waverly Office Park, Phillip Frame Road, Chislehurst, East London
- KwaZulu Natal: Mr S Ndlovu Tel No: (031) 310 1300
- Western Cape: Ms D Laphi Tel No: (021) 941 4800
- Eastern Cape: Ms N Quvile Tel No: (043) 707 7200)
CLOSING DATE: 10 NOVEMBER 2023
EDUPSTAIRS IS A REGISTERED NON-PROFIT ORGANISATION NPO No: 232 – 182, PUBLIC BENEFIT ORGANISATION (PBO): 930066984. EDUPSTAIRS DOES NOT, IN ANY WAY OR FORM, SOLICIT MONEY OR CV’S FROM PEOPLE FOR JOBS. PLEASE BE AWARE OF PHONY JOB POSTINGS AND RECRUITMENT FRAUD. FOR MORE INFORMATION VISIT OUR SCAM/FRAUD ALERT PAGE HERE
You May Also Like…