Dis – Chem Pharmacies invites suitably qualified applicants to apply for their Dispensary Support Staff Vacancies (X11 Posts). The closing date for applications is the 4th January 2024
POSTS: DISPENSARY SUPPORT STAFF X11
- Division: JK Division
- Minimum experience: Entry Level
- Company primary industry: Pharmaceuticals
Dis-Chem Pharmacies’ Albemarle store has an opportunity available for a Dispensary Support to join the team. The main purpose of this is to employ learners who are capable of doing and completing the learner basic pharmacist assistant course.
This course will equip learners to understand the underlying principles of all of the major areas related to the pharmaceutical environment and dispensing and promotes the notion of quality on the job learning.
Staff will be employed in a Fixed Term position as Dispensary Support until such time as they are registered with the SAPC as learner basic assistants. Only once qualified as a basic pharmacist assistant will permanent employment be offered.
Grade 12 – Matric or a Senior Certificate with Pure Mathematics 50%, Life Science and or Physical Science and obtained at least an average of 50%
Dispensary Support staff must have completed a proficiency test approving them to apply for registration with Pharmacy Council (SAPC) as a learner basic assistant.
A pharmacist’s assistant registered in the category pharmacist’s assistant learner basic; may perform the following services or acts under the direct personal supervision of a pharmacist in a pharmacy:
- The sale of Schedule 1 medicines or scheduled substances.
- Assist with the compounding, manipulation or preparation of a non-sterile medicine or scheduled substance according to a formula and Standard Operating Procedures approved by the responsible pharmacist.
- Assist with the unpacking and merchandising of stock and cleaning of dispensary and OTC shelves approved by the responsible pharmacist.
- Any other duties assigned to them by the Dispensary Manager.
- Learn to accurately interpret scripts and act in a professional and responsible manner and within the legal requirements in accordance with the South African Pharmaceutical Council.
- Ensure accurate picking / packing / labelling and checking of medication and be aware of common dosages as well as important drug interactions.
- Ensure that all medications, are checked for accuracy by a pharmacist and signed by a pharmacist.
- Assist in the control of stock (manage cleanliness and packing organisation of shelves and medicine expiry dates) of Schedule 1 to Schedule 5 medicines or scheduled substances.
- Follow up with patients regarding script tracking report as requested by the dispensary manager and follow up appointments.
- Assist with call centre scripts and patient service telephone calls.
- Provide information to individuals in order to promote health.
- Assist with scheme authorization of chronic, HIV and AIDS and oncology medication.
- Report on low – / out of stock levels and stock errors to the dispensary manager.
- Receive dispensary stock in accordance with the SOP set out by the company.
- English and 2nd language – Read, write and speak.
- Time management, deadline driven, dealing with pressure, attention to detail.
- Good communication skills, listening, customer service/focus, problem solving, team player, conflict management, leading by example, accountability, professional conduct, trustworthy and honest.
- Computer, numerical skills
- Retail FMCG, Dis-Chem front shop experience and a good performance record.
- Drug and family planning and complementary medicine.
- Unisolv, SAP and E-Scripting.
Special conditions of employment:
- Proficiency test assessing capability to register with Pharmacy Council
- South African citizen
- MIE, clear criminal and credit
Please click on the link below to apply at your preferred location:
- Dispensary Support – Albemarle
- Dispensary Support – Blue Crane
- Dispensary Support – Clearwater
- Dispensary Support – Farramere
- Dispensary Support – Ferndale
- Dispensary Support – Jubilee Mall
- Dispensary Support – Randfontein
- Dispensary Support – Southgate
- Dispensary Support – Springfield – KZN
- Dispensary Support – Vaal Mall
- Dispensary Support – Westgate – Gauteng
CLOSING DATE: 04 JANUARY 2024
Dis – Chem Dispensary Staff
EDUPSTAIRS IS A REGISTERED NON-PROFIT ORGANISATION NPO No: 232 – 182, PUBLIC BENEFIT ORGANISATION (PBO): 930066984. EDUPSTAIRS DOES NOT, IN ANY WAY OR FORM, SOLICIT MONEY OR CV’S FROM PEOPLE FOR JOBS. PLEASE BE AWARE OF PHONY JOB POSTINGS AND RECRUITMENT FRAUD. FOR MORE INFORMATION VISIT OUR SCAM/FRAUD ALERT PAGE HERE
You May Also Like…