The Department of Forestry, Fisheries and the Environment (DFFE) invites suitably qualified applicants to apply for their Driver Operator Vacancies (X5 Posts). The closing date for applications is the 10th July 2023
DRIVER OPERATOR | FIVE (05) POST (FOM28/2023)
Salary: R 147 036 per annum
Centre(s): Eastern Cape
- Applicants must be in possession of a Grade 10 (NQF Level 3) or equivalent qualification.
- Five (5) years’ driving and operating specialized equipment experience.
- Experience in transportation of goods and passenger.
- Good interpersonal relations, literacy skills, communication skills and basic computer literacy skills.
- Driving skills.
- Ability to drive heavy motor vehicle (code 14) and ability to operate heavy duty machines.
- Ability to work long hours voluntarily.
- Ability to work individually and in a team.
- A valid driver’s licence code EC (Code 14) plus professional driving permit (PDP).
- Operate specialised equipment, load and offload goods or equipment.
- Conduct inspection and maintenance of equipment and report defects.
- Grading of gravel roads, fitting of pipes and side drains and re-gravelling/ shoulder maintenance.
- Render driving services by transporting work teams and equipment.
- Transport seedlings and trees from nursey to plantation.
- Transport timber, poles and saw log to the depot.
- Drive firefighting trucks.
- Operate forestry equipment.
- Prevent soil erosion through fitting of pipes and side drains.
- Maintenance of forestry equipment.
- Keep log sheets of trucks and machines
Applications must be submitted using the New Z83 application form obtainable here
All fields in the New Z83 form, must be completed and signed. Furthermore, a comprehensive Curriculum Vitae (CV) must also be attached. Failure to attach the completed Z83 and the Curriculum Vitae (CV) will result in disqualification.
Applications may be forwarded to:
The Director-General, Department of Forestry, Fisheries and the Environment, Private Bag X4390, Cape Town, 8000 or hand-deliver to 14 Loop Street Cape Town. Marked for attention: Human Resources Management.
DOWNLOAD THE DEPARTMENT OF FORESTRY, FISHERIES AND THE ENVIRONMENT (DFFE) DRIVER OPERATOR VACANCY PDF DOCUMENT HERE
ENQUIRIES: Mr. S Klaas – Tel: 066 973 8728
CLOSING DATE: 10 JULY 2023
EDUPSTAIRS IS A REGISTERED NON PROFIT ORGANISATION NPO No: 232 – 182, PUBLIC BENEFIT ORGANISATION (PBO): 930066984. EDUPSTAIRS DOES NOT, IN ANY WAY OR FORM, SOLICIT MONEY OR CV’S FROM PEOPLE FOR JOBS. PLEASE BE AWARE OF PHONY JOB POSTINGS AND RECRUITMENT FRAUD. FOR MORE INFORMATION VISIT OUR SCAM/FRAUD ALERT PAGE HERE
You May Also Like…