Rand Water invites suitably qualified Unemployed South African Youth to apply for their Horticulture Learnership Opportunities (X10 Posts). The closing date for applications is the 26th April 2023
Job Advert Summary
Rand Water is one of the biggest water utilities in the world. It provides potable water of superior quality to 12 million people in the economic heartland of South Africa. Since its inception in 1903, Rand Water has built a proud history of never failing to supply water to a continually growing economy. Johannesburg is one of the few cities not built on or near a sustainable river or dam; hence innovative solutions had to be engineered over the years to meet the challenge.
Rand Water is centred on employment creation and supporting economic and sectors by significantly stepping up the production of relevant, scarce and critical skills and in line with National Skills Development Strategy III pillars
Rand Water invites suitably qualified and previously disadvantaged individuals who are interested in joining the Water Sector to apply for the Horticulture Learnership Programme : NQF Level 2
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying:
- Applicants must not be employed.
- Applicants must not be enrolled with any institution for a qualification nor be registered in any Learnership Programme.
- Applicants must not be in possession of a completed post-matric qualification.(NB: Failure to disclose post-matric qualifications will result in applicant being disqualified)
- Applicants in possession of a post-matric qualification must not apply and will not be considered.
- Applicants must have a Matric (Grade 12) with Mathematics or Mathematical Literacy and Life Science (minimum of Level 4 in ALL subjects).
- Applicants must be a South African citizen and be in possession of a valid SA ID.
- Applicants must be between 18 and 35 years of age (in line with the NSDSIII).
The following documents must accompany your application:
- A certified copy of the ID document
- Certified copy of Matric (Grade 12) Certificate
- Proof of residence
In evaluating prospective applicants and making the final selection, preference will be given to females and people with disability to give effect to Rand Water’s Employment Equity Objectives.
Rand Water reserves the right to make appointments to any of the advertised positions at any stage.
- As a learner, you are expected to complete your qualification on record time and in line with your contract agreement for the stipulated period.
- Rand Water mandate and its contribution to the water sector
- Communication skills (written and verbal)
- Self motivated and results-driven
CLOSING DATE: 26 APRIL 2023
You May Also Like…