The Mpumalanga Department of Education awaits applications from suitably qualified and experienced persons for appointment to the positions as set out below.
DOWNLOAD THE MPUMALANGA VACANCY CIRCULAR FOR CIRCUIT MANAGERS HERE
- An appropriate recognised three- or four year qualification in the learning/subject area/phase, plus eight years relevant experience.
- Sound knowledge of school administration and the interactions between various role players in education.
- Competent manager in curriculum delivery. Sufficient knowledge and understanding of current national and provincial education- and public service policies and legislation.
- Proven track record in the area of co-ordination of activities and participative style of management as well as leadership skills.
- Proven negotiation and conflict management skills. Ability to communicate effectively with broader spectrum of role players.
- Good verbal and written communication- and financial management skills. Policy development- and researching skills. Curriculum- and staff developing skills. Valid driver’s license. Registration with SACE
- Monitor implementation of curricular, administrative and financial policies and directives at institutions.
- Monitor that objectives of institutions are met in accordance with budget allocations.
- Maintain discipline. Interpret and communicate all policies to stakeholders. Monitoring schools and subject improvement plans.
- Supervision of schools curriculum by SMTs. Support to the school improvement plans. Monitoring of provisioning of basic school facilities e.g. LTSM and school furniture.
- Management , leadership and governance of schools work force and school governing bodies. Support and monitoring of quality learning, teaching and assessment.
- Management of quarterly assessments by ensuring that only external exam marks are submitted in the review sessions.
- Improvement of learner achievements in ANA and NSC. Management of learners and teachers attendances in the schools, and providing summary of quarterly attendance of learners to the district office.
- Improve learners promotion rate from grade 8 to 12, increases in Maths, EMS, and Sciences intake per grade. Management of curriculum coverage in schools.
- Management of support by teachers on learner progression or repeating learners (e.g. ensuring availability of remedial strategies per school).
- Management of IQMS for school management teams and teachers. Management of learner’s progression and reduction of repeating learners from grade R to 12.
- School monitoring and support to schools and management of school visits and data usage.
Post Ref No P4/032 – Volksrust Circuit Office, Volksrust, This is a re-advertisement of Ref No. N4/033 previously advertised in City Press of 8 September 2019. Interested applicants should re-apply.
Post Ref No P4/033 – Wakkerstroom Circuit Office, Wakkerstroom
Post Ref No P4/034 – Dundonald Circuit Office, Mpuluzi
Post Ref No P4/035 – Mashishila Circuit Office, Elukwatini, This is a re-advertisement of Ref No. N4/034 previously advertised in City Press of 8 September 2019. Interested applicants should re-apply.
Post Ref No P4/039 – Mkhondo East Circuit Office, Mkhondo
Mr MP Nkosi, Tel (017) 801 5077, Ms G Motau, Tel (017) 801 5097
Post Ref No P4/036 – Emalahleni 3 Circuit Office, Emalahleni
Ms M Masilela, Tel (013) 947 1816
Post Ref No P4/037 – Lydenburg Circuit Office, Mashishing
Post Ref No P4/038 – Sabie Circuit Office, Sabie
Mr T Magoane, Tel (013) 766 7410
Applications should be submitted on Form Z.83, obtainable from any Public Service Department as well as on the
Mpumalanga Department of Education website at www.mpumalanga.gov.za/education/, select the Vacancies icon. Applications must in all cases be accompanied by a recent updated comprehensive CV, originally certified copies (not older than three months) of all qualifications and RSA ID-document, as well as valid driver’s license where required. Please note that a passport or driver’s license will not be accepted in lieu of an Identity Document.
Failure to attach the requested documents will result in your application not being considered. A complete set of application documents should be submitted separately for every post that you wish to apply for. Please ensure that you clearly state the full post description and the relevant Post Reference Number on your application. No fax applications will be considered.
NB! APPLICANTS MUST ENSURE THAT THEY FULLY COMPLETE PART A, B AND C AS WELL AS THE DECLARATION AND SIGN FORM Z 83, EVEN IF THEY ARE ATTACHING A CV. INCOMPLETE AND/OR UNSIGNED APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
NB!! IF YOU ARE CURRENTLY IN SERVICE, PLEASE INDICATE YOUR PERSAL NUMBER AT THE TOP OF FORM Z83.
Applications should be mailed to:
The Head of Department, Mpumalanga Department of Education,
Private Bag x 11341, Nelspruit, 1200,
For attention: Mr. G Mathebula, HR Provisioning.
Applications may also be placed (recorded in the register) in the application container located at the Security Desk, Upper Ground, Building 5 of the Riverside Government Complex, but will be removed on Thursday 17 December 2020.
*The Mpumalanga Department of Education is committed to provide equal opportunities and practices affirmative action employment. It is the intention of the Department to promote representivity (disability, gender and race) through the filling of posts and a candidate whose transfer / promotion / appointment will promote representivity will receive preference.
*The filling of posts will be done in terms of the Department’s need to meet Employment Equity targets.
*To enable the Department to promote employment equity of persons with disabilities, applicants with disabilities who wish to apply for these posts are required to attach documentary proof substantiating his/her disability, failing which applicants will be categorized as not having a disability.
*The principle of Recognition of Prior Learning may be considered in respect of serving Public Servants.
*Due to ongoing internal processes, the Department reserves the right to withdraw any post at any time.
*The Department reserves the right to verify the qualifications of every recommended candidate prior to the issuing of an offer of appointment.
*Candidates recommended for appointment will be subject to a vetting process prior to appointment.
*If no response is received from Mpumalanga Department of Education within 90 days after the closing date of the advert, applicants must assume that their application was not successful.
The closing date for the receipt of all applications is 16:00 on Thursday 17 December 2020. No applications received by the Directorate: HR Provisioning (H/O) after the closing date and time will be considered. It should be noted that the Department will not take responsibility for applications received after the closing date and time even if said applications were sent through Post Office speed services or a courier service.
Leave a Comment