The Mpumalanga Department of Education identified an urgent need to improve its capacity to fill advertised posts efficiently. It was therefore imperative to review its recruitment system, and – after due consultation processes with all stakeholders -, the Department proceeded with the development of an e – Recruitment System.
ADVANTAGES OF THE DEPARTMENTAL eRECRUITMENT SYSTEM
The eRecruitment System has the following advantages for prospective applicants:
- CV Profile to be created once on line, to only be updated and maintained thereafter as and when required;
- Saving on postage / courier / transport services;
- No long queues on last day for submission;
- Extended submission time up to 24h00 on the closing date;
- One single entry point for submission of applications;
- No lost applications – reduced disputes;
- No risk of incomplete applications or incorrect post reference numbers;
- Easier application processes;
- Instant and constant communication between applicant via e-mails e.g. electronic confirmation of receipt of application;
- System availability anywhere at any time 24/7 – access via smart phones.
The eRecruitment System aims to improve selection processes in both a SMART and convenient way. Instead of submitting cumbersome documentary application forms to departmental HR Offices for manual capturing and long listing processes, a user will once off create his/her own CV profile on the system, which will thereafter remain on the system for editing and maintenance by the user only.