The Gauteng Department of Health invites suitably qualified applicants to apply for their Handyman Vacancy. The closing date for applications is the 12th May 2023
Reference Number: REFS/017088
Directorate: Facility Management Unit
Number of Posts: 1
Package: R 171 537.00 – R 199 461.00 per annum (plus benefits)
Employer: Department of Health
Location: Tara the H. Moross Centre, Sandton
- Grade 10/12 or equivalent.
- A minimum of 3 years appropriate/recognisable experience in facility maintenance.
- N3 in civil/mechanical/electrical field will serve as an added advantage.
- Working knowledge of facilities machines and equipment.
- Must possess great communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Computer literacy will be an added advantage.
- Must be familiar with Batho Pele principles and six key ministerial priorities.
- A valid driver’s licence will be an added advantage.
- Successful candidate(s) will be subjected to medical surveillance.
- Perform electrical repairs on the hospital premises areas, including lights and laundry.
- Ensure mechanical equipment is in working order and fixed as necessary.
- Complete general building cleaning and maintenance.
- Install and replace floors, stairs and piping as needed.
- Repair and paint doors, windows, walls, ceilings, roofs and other parts of the building.
- Maintain trash and recycling receptacles around the facility.
- Maintain and repair air conditioning and heating systems as required.
- Perform facility site assessments using snag list to identify malfunctions.
- Verify completed and outstanding defects, liaising with GDID.
- Ensure health and safety inspections to prevent risks.
- Respond to end users and management request for maintenance services.
- Keep logs and report on procedures and daily activities. Perform any additional duties as assigned.
Applications must be filled on a new Z83 form and recently updated CV. Candidates need not to attach copies of supporting documents (ID & Qualifications).
Applications can be delivered to:
Tara the H. Moross Centre C/o HR Section, 50 Saxon Road Hurlingham 2196 (Vacancy application box at the main gate),
Or they can be posted to: Tara the H. Moross Centre, HR Section Private Bag x7 Randburg 2125.
ENQUIRIES: Mr. P. Magubane, Tel no: (011) 535 3060
CLOSING DATE: 12 MAY 2023
You May Also Like…