The KwaZulu Natal Department of Transport invites suitably qualified applicants to apply for their Call Centre Vacancies (X10 Posts). The closing date for applications is the 17th April 2023
POST: COMMUNICATION OFFICER: CALL CENTRE (10 POSTS) (REF. NO. DOT 47/2023)
CENTRE: INKOSI MHLABUNZIMA MAPHUMULO HOUSE, PIETERMARITZBURG (ROAD TRAFFIC INSPECTORATE DIRECTORATE)
SALARY: R269 214 PER ANNUM (SALARY LEVEL 07)
- A Senior Certificate / National Certificate (Vocational) NQF Level 4; plus
- A minimum of 3 years’ working experience in the Traffic Law Enforcement field or a related field dealing with communications; plus
- A valid driver’s licence (minimum code B); plus
- No criminal record; plus
- Successful applicants will be required to complete an internal training course within 12 months of appointment.
NB: Kindly note that the incumbents of these posts will be required to work shifts.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES REQUIRED:
- Knowledge of the Constitution of the Republic, 1996.
- Working knowledge of the Road Traffic Act, 1996 (Act 93 of 1996) and related legislation.
- Knowledge of the Criminal Procedure Act, 1977 (Act 51 of 1977).
- Knowledge of the National Land Transport and Transition Act and Cross Border Act.
- Knowledge of Public Service procedures and reporting environment.
- Knowledge of Road Incident Management Protocols.
- Knowledge of Prosecuting guidelines.
- Knowledge of Dangerous Goods.
- Knowledge on the completion of Law Enforcement Documents.
- Public information management skills.
- Self-management skills.
- Time management skills.
- Analytical skills.
- Computer literacy.
- Written and verbal communication skills.
- Decision making and problem-solving skills. Interpersonal skills.
- Technical skills including social media, digital media.
- The ideal candidate should have integrity, be trustworthy / honest, customer focused, including friendliness and courtesy.
- He/she should also be innovative and believe in continuous improvement, be reliable, teamwork orientated, committed, dedicated and punctual.
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS:
- Provide an emergency call receiving function.
- Prioritize all emergency calls effectively and efficiently.
- Provide detailed effective and efficient dissemination of information relating to collisions and life-saving emergencies.
- Provide timely and effective dispatching of traffic personnel.
Applications should be submitted on a New Z83 Application form obtainable here
Applications can be forwarded to the: Recruitment & Selection Section, Human Resource Practices Directorate, Department of Transport, Private Bag X9043, Pietermaritzburg, 3200.
Applications may alternatively be hand delivered to the office of the Department of Transport, Inkosi Mhlabunzima Maphumulo House, 172 Burger Street, Pietermaritzburg, 3200 in the vacancy box provided. For the personal attention of Mr B Hornsby.
DOWNLOAD THE NEW Z83 APPLICATION FORM HERE
ENQUIRIES: Mr VK Chetty Tel. No.: 033 – 355 8071
CLOSING DATE: 17 APRIL 2023 AT 16H00
Call Centre Vacancies
You May Also Like…
VODACOM HAS PUBLISHED NEW VARIOUS OPEN VACANCIES FOR SOUTH AFRICANS CLOSING 12 – 19 APRIL 2023
NEW VARIOUS JOB OPPORTUNITIES AVAILABLE AT CLICKS GROUP | CLOSING 12 APRIL 2023
X21 MASTER ARTISANS | ELECTRO MECHANIC VACANCIES AT SASOL CLOSING 24 APRIL 2023
Leave a Comment