The Gauteng Department of Social Development invites suitably qualified applicants to apply for their Assistant Community Development Practitioner Vacancies (X175 Posts). The closing date for applications is the 17th November 2023
ASSISTANT COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT PRACTITIONERS (10 MONTHS CONTRACT) X175
- Reference Number: REFS/019198
- Package: R 166 869 per annum (within the OSD Framework) (plus 37 % in lieu benefits)
- Directorate: Sustainable livelihood
- Employer: Department of Social Development
- Location: Head Office (Placement in Tshwane, Sedibeng, Ekurhuleni, West Rand and Johannesburg Regions)
- Grade 12 qualification, Basic knowledge of community development/work, attitudes, and values for the engagement in the social development of communities.
- The ability and competence to interact with community development structures.
- The understanding social dynamics of communities.
- Communication skills
Assist in the identification and facilitation in the implementation of integrated community development interventions in partnership with the community and other relevant stakeholders. This would, inter alia, include the following:
Establishment of social relationships:
Delimit/scoping the community, gain their trust and get to know the current community services, service delivery blockages, resources, and the state of the community.
Community and Households Profiling:
Assess the community’s structures, households need, background information including historical, needs profile, resources, and strengths. Strengthen and build structures that can assist in this regard.
Planning and prioritization:
Facilitate the planning and prioritization of the activities required to develop the community by formulating goals and objectives, assessing the available resources, set time frames and compile budgets.
Support communities and perform administrative support on community development and related activities. This would, inter alia, entail the following:
- Assist with the liaison, co-ordination and monitoring of projects and other community development ventures and report on the progress thereof.
- Assist with the application of the registration of emerging local structures such as Non-Profit Organisations (NPOs) with the Department of Social Development and other appropriate authorities.
- Assist to monitor NPOs to ensure that they are in compliance with the NPO and PFMA Acts.
- Provide assistance to facilitate, coordinate and participate in various awareness campaigns, and public aimed at educating communities and other stakeholders on self-empowerment
Applications must be submitted using the New Z83 application form obtainable here
All fields in the New Z83 form, must be completed and signed. Furthermore, a comprehensive Curriculum Vitae (CV) must also be attached. Failure to attach the completed Z83 and the Curriculum Vitae (CV) will result in disqualification.
To apply for the positions, please apply online at https://jobs.gauteng.gov.za/Login/Login.aspx
ENQUIRIES: ST Mmakola 011 227 0250
CLOSING DATE: 17 NOVEMBER 2023
EDUPSTAIRS IS A REGISTERED NON-PROFIT ORGANISATION NPO No: 232 – 182, PUBLIC BENEFIT ORGANISATION (PBO): 930066984. EDUPSTAIRS DOES NOT, IN ANY WAY OR FORM, SOLICIT MONEY OR CV’S FROM PEOPLE FOR JOBS. PLEASE BE AWARE OF PHONY JOB POSTINGS AND RECRUITMENT FRAUD. FOR MORE INFORMATION VISIT OUR SCAM/FRAUD ALERT PAGE HERE
You May Also Like…