The Midvaal Local Municipality invites suitably qualified applicants to apply for their General Worker Vacancies (X9 Posts) at their Community Services Department. The closing date for applications is the 7th June 2023
GENERAL WORKER: PARKS SECTION X9 – COMMUNITY SERVICES DEPARTMENT – (REFERENCE MN3524/23)
SALARY: R135 300.00 p.a. – R148 224.00 p.a. (Level 13 of a Grade 8 Local Authority): Total package inclusive of all benefits: R252 691.24 p.a.
- Grade 10. Grade 12 will be an added advantage.
- Valid Driver’s License will be an added advantage.
- Physically fit & knowledge of operating various hand & garden tools.
- Knowledge relating to parks, cemeteries, sports & recreation buildings & facilities cleaning & maintenance services.
- a hardworking self-disciplined person.
- 0 to 1 year experience relevant to Parks, Cemeteries, Sports & Recreation Section within Local Government Authority.
- Do any work with machinery or garden tools on sports fields, flowerbeds, pavements etc. to create a clean & tidy environment.
- Responsible for cleaning of buildings, ablution blocks and other facilities.
- Responsible for save usage and maintenance of machines & tools.
- Pick up rubble, garden refuse, etc. in flowerbeds or on sports fields.
- Give flowerbeds and lawn water by putting on sprayers.
- Maintenance, upkeep & cleaning of ablution facilities.
- Put up traffic signs to warn traffic and persons about workers next to municipal roads, islands, pavements. open spaces etc.
- Use garden tools to clean areas when machines are out of order or during winter months.
- Clean parks & cemeteries, clinics, libraries, sports facilities, depots and other municipal facilities and buildings and perform other general works necessary.
- Do winter treatment of all sport fields during winter months.
- To work full day in alternative short Fridays (Pay Day).
- Perform any other related Ad-Hoc tasks and duties as requested by management (supervisor) from time to time.
Candidates wishing to apply for this vacancy must register their application via email address: [email protected] or via the Midvaal Local Municipality website: www.midvaal.gov.za for any queries kindly contact Human Resources (016) 360-7440/7409/7569.
Applications can also be made by filling the online form here
All shortlisted candidates will be subjected to background screening checks (verification of qualifications, criminal record check and security vetting). Candidates with foreign qualifications must submit a letter from SAQA stating the equivalence of the qualifications. candidates to note that outdated or incomplete applications (including Curriculum Vitae) will not be considered.
CLOSING DATE: 07 JUNE 2023
Midvaal General Worker Vacancies
You may Also Like…