The South African National Parks invites suitably qualified applicants to apply for their Security Vacancies (X7 Posts) at Kruger National Park . The closing date for applications is the 8th February 2023
- Grade 12 Matric plus minimum Grade C, D and E-Security Certificate with PSIRA.
- Must have at least 2 years of experience as a Security Guard.
- Knowledge in using security equipment.
- Must have an understanding of wildlife crime.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Must have wide knowledge and ability in securing a building or a place.
- Must have the ability to protect and serve.
- Can easily detect suspicious things or actions.
- Must have a wide knowledge of first aid.
- Communication skills (verbal and written).
- Knowledge of using firearms and firearm Competency will be an added advantage.
- Secure the park and its infrastructure from any act of emergency or violence and report any act of suspicious observations.
- Monitor the place, and check unnecessary actions.
- Record the names of persons who enter the KNP’s premises in the register.
- Guarding the area assigned to detect evidence of illegal entry and make sure material in the area has not been tampered with.
- Reporting unusual occurrences to the Shift Supervisor or Security Supervisor, Chief Security Officer or Protection Services Manager.
- Conducting access control at all entry/egress points, ensuring only authorized personnel and vehicles are permitted entry.
- Conducting random searches of vehicles departing or entering the KNP property for illegal taking of things or pilfering age.
- Providing physical security at Gates and related functions, including searches, parking and crowd control.
- Conducting random patrols of all posts, and searching each person who enters or exits the park and performing any other duties assigned.
Individuals who meet the above requirements and are interested in the position should forward their application with a cover letter and detailed CV to the below postal address:
Human Capital Management, Private Bag X402, Skukuza 1350 Or hand-deliver to Kruger National Park at Skukuza Rest Camp (Human Capital Management Building).
Email: [email protected]
Att: Dudu Mkansi
Enquiries: Tel: (013) 735 4128
CLOSING DATE: 08 FEBRUARY 2023
South African National Parks
You May Also Like…