The Gauteng Department of Sport, Arts, Culture and Recreation invites suitably qualified applicants to apply for their Security Officer Vacancies (X2 Posts). The closing date for applications is the 12th May 2023
POST 14/324: SECURITY OFFICERS REF NO: SACR/148 (X2 POSTS)
Directorate: Security and Facilities Management
SALARY: R128 166 per annum, (plus benefits)
CENTRE: Johannesburg (Head Office)
- The successful candidate should have Basic Security Officer’s Course.
- Basic education and Training.
- Registered with Psira.
- A minimum of 2-3 years’ experience in government premises.
- Knowledge of control and access to public premises Act 53 of 1985.
- Knowledge of the Occupational Health and Safety Act of 85 of 1993.
- Knowledge of MISS, & Psira Act 56 of 2001).
- Knowledge of emergency procedures in the workplace
- Perform access control functions which will include the following:
- Determine whether visitors have appointments/ or the service that the visitor requires.
- Contact the relevant employee to confirm the appointment or refer the visitor to the relevant service delivery point.
- Complete or ensure that the admission control documents/cards as required.
- Escort visitors to relevant employee/venues where required.
- Operate X-ray machines where applicable.
- Lock and unlock entrances.
- Identify suspicious conduct.
- Identify suspicious conduct.
- Ensure that unauthorized persons and dangerous objects do not enter the building/premises.
- Follow-up incidents.
- Ensure safety in the building and the premises.
- This will include following; undertake building/premises patrols identify and check; that doors are locked or unlocked as required; water leaks and that taps are closed; fire hazards, exposed electrical contact and other fire hazards emanating from for instance chemicals; lights, switch on and off as required; and suspicious objects and packages.
- Apply emergency procedures (in situations like bomb scares, riots etc) and alert emergency services and department security management.
- Ensure that all assets do not leave or enter the building or premises unauthorized.
- This will include the following tasks:
- ensure that all assets which leave the premises are accompanied by pass-out; inspect vehicles entering and leaving the premises; gather information and report on missing and stolen equipment and stores; handle documents at points of entry according to classification and the prescripts. Ensure all incidents are recorded in the occurrence books/registers.
Applications should be submitted on a new Z83 application form obtainable here
Applications should be hand delivered at:
Head of Office (Johannesburg): 35 Surrey House, Cnr Rissik & Fox Street, Johannesburg.
Mr. Nkhumeleni Magadze Tel No: 011 355 2720/2606/2539/2861
DOWNLOAD THE Z83 APPLICATION FORM HERE
CLOSING DATE: 12 MAY 2023
Security Officer Vacancies
You May Also Like…
LIBRARY ASSISTANT JOB OPPORTUNITIES (X19 POSTS) AT THE LIMPOPO DEPARTMENT OF SPORT, ARTS AND CULTURE
X18 NEW VARIOUS VACANCIES AT THE DEPARTMENT OF WATER AND SANITATION CLOSING 09 MAY 2023
ANGLO AMERICAN HAS PUBLISHED VARIOUS OPEN VACANCIES FOR SOUTH AFRICANS CLOSING 11 MAY 2023
I also want to join
Very interested working with people..It will be my pleasure 2 apply this job
I m a cpf member looking for work as Security officer
I’m looking for a cashier vacancy or security job my number is 0720278595