Sasol invites suitably qualified South African citizens to apply for their Heavy Duty Driver Vacancies (X5 Posts). The closing date for applications is the 20th April 2023
Purpose of Job
A Heavy Duty Driver is responsible for the safe transportation and timeous delivery of materials and diesel.
Recruitment Description / Key Accountabilities
- Correct and safe loading, securing and offloading of direct/indirect materials at Warehouses, OME’s and Suppliers (when required).
- Taking care, custody and control of; vehicle, all assets and all relevant materials being transported.
- Know and correctly use the safety equipment on the vehicle, following correct safety procedures.
- Correct use of PPE.
- Check to ensure vehicle is constantly in a road worthy condition and record / report defects according to K53 guidelines.
- Perform daily vehicle pre-trip inspection according to a standard checklist and report defects.
- Adherence to logbook and key control requirements at all time.
- First line vehicle maintenance, e.g. refuelling, tyres pressure, oil level top up, tyres condition, etc.
- Follow instructions according to job requirements.
- Provide adequate feedback to supervisor on work progress.
- Attend and participate in safety / morning / toolbox talks.
- Manager/Senior Management inspection, audit findings are executed upon.
- Daily activities executed according to plan with the use of bar coding scanners.
- Comply to government charter / legal frameworks.
- Comply to site operational requirements and procedures.
- Ensure adherence to all rules and regulations.
- Planning of own activities, including planning of optimal route for multiple stop points.
- Attend training courses and seminars as per training matrix to improve competency and skills
- Identifies personal training and development needs and incorporate into personal development plan with supervisor’s approval.
- Support the goals and vision of the business by meeting deadlines.
- Assist natural work team in daily activities.
- Assist Distribution Supervisor and Distribution Manager with the training of new drivers and hired labour.
- Effective relationships with customers, colleagues and management.
- Identify unsafe conditions and take precautionary measures.
- Report unsafe conditions / situations.
- Report any deviations from schedule.
- Grade 10
- 2-3 years relevant driving experience
Certification & Professional Membership
- Code C/C1/EC1 License with PrDP
- Code EC will be an advantage
Collaboration: The action of working with someone to produce something
Customer Focus: A continuing focus on the needs and requirements of customers and clients, anticipating their needs, remaining sensitive to customers while performing services for them, responsive to customer needs.
Problem Solving: Is a step-by-step process of defining a problem, searching for information, and testing a series of solutions until the problem is solved. In involves critical thinking, analysis and persistence.
Self-Mastery: Takes accountability for driving own growth through developing self-awareness, reflecting, seeking feedback and self-correcting
APPLY FOR THE SASOL HEAVY DUTY DRIVER VACANCIES (X5 POSTS) HERE
CLOSING DATE: 20 APRIL 2023
You May Also Like…
SASOL 12 MONTH LEARNERSHIP OPPORTUNITIES (X30 POSTS) FOR UNEMPLOYED SOUTH AFRICAN YOUTH | APPLY WITH GRADE 12
NEW JOB OPPORTUNITIES AT THE SOUTH AFRICAN BREWERIES (SAB) LISTED 01 APRIL 2023
SENIOR INSPECTOR SECURITY VACANCIES (X14 POSTS) AT ESKOM CLOSING 13 APRIL 2023 | APPLY WITH GRADE 12
I am interested
I am interested
I am interested
I’m interested I have code 14 with 2 years experience. My number is 078 3923 926
Morning it’s a great pleasure to to see that SASOL it’s care for our children’s future.
I’m interested I have code 10 with PDP 15 years experience my number is 0715059812
Hey, I’m New here can you please also send me updates on work opportunities