The Gauteng Department of Health invites suitably qualified applicants to apply for their Pharmacy Internship Programme (X63 Posts). The closing date for applications is the 31st August 2023
REFERENCE FOR Z83 IS: GDOHPI24
Applications are hereby invited from suitable candidates to do their Pharmacy Internship in the Gauteng Department of Health for 2024. These positions are advertised pending approval to fill these posts for 2024.
We are an affirmative action employer and intend to promote equity in service delivery. The department offers internship positions at registered hospitals and district pharmacies, for only a period of 12 months from the date of registration with the SA Pharmacy Council.
The internship is conducted in accordance with the rules and set programme of the SA Pharmacy Council. Person interested in doing their pharmacy internship programme in the public sector in Gauteng must complete and submit the following documents:
- Application for Employment Form (Z83) obtainable here
- Current Curriculum Vitae not longer than 4 pages.
- Academic record up to the 3rd year of study or further
- Testimonial from a lecturer of the University.
Six choices of institutions (see attached list of institutions below) in order of preference. Your choices must include:
- Three District Hospitals / District Services
- Two Regional Hospitals
- One Central/ Tertiary Hospital OR One Specialist Hospital
- A motivation letter to substantiate your choices.
- Identity Document or equivalent
- Applicants who fail to adhere to the requirements may limit their chances for selection.
- All applications must be posted or hand-delivered to the addresses above. No faxed application will be accepted. No e-mailed applications will be accepted. No late applications will be considered.
- Please supply an address, telephone number and an e-mail where you can be easily contacted i.e. cell phone or telephone number, address during university terms and during vacation.
- It is the responsibility of the applicant to inform this office of any change in contact details. Inability to contact the applicant at the supplied contact details may result in the application not being processed.
- Commencement date for internship is envisaged to be the first working day of January 2024, or as required by the Department. The starting date stated by the applicant on the Z83 may be taken into consideration during the selection process.
- Selection will be done during September 2023.
- If you are selected, information on an offer of employment will be e-mailed to you after/during October 2023.
- After the acceptance of the offer of employment, if for any reason the applicant cannot take up the position on the date stated, the offer of employment will lapse immediately.
- The date of commencement of pharmacist internship will be the same as the date of registration as a pharmacist intern with the SA Pharmacy Council. No pharmacist intern may commence duty, unless proof of registration with the SA Pharmacy Council is supplied.
- Failure in the final examination will immediately disqualify your application for employment and nullify any offer of employment that may have been made. Having to write a supplementary exam will be regarded as failure in the Final examinations of the Pharmacy Degree.
- The department reserves the right to change the number of pharmacist internship positions overall or at any of the public health care facilities
- The internship positions will be only for a period of 12 months from the date of registration with the SA Pharmacy Council. The department reserves the right not to extend any internship due to failure in the pre-registration exam, other cases for extension will be considered on an individual basis.
Applications must be submitted using the New Z83 application form obtainable here
All fields in the New Z83 form, must be completed and signed. Furthermore, a comprehensive Curriculum Vitae (CV) must also be attached. Failure to attach the completed Z83 and the Curriculum Vitae (CV) will result in disqualification.
Applications should be submitted at:
Human Resources Development | Gauteng Department of Health, Professional Services Support, Private bag X085, Marshalltown, 2107
Or could be hand delivered at:
Human Resources Development, Gauteng Department of Health, 45 Commissioner Street, Podium 1, Johannesburg
- Mr P Mphahlele: 079 881 5690
- Mr N. Sihlangu: 063 375 5524
CLOSING DATE: 31 AUGUST 2023
EDUPSTAIRS IS A REGISTERED NON-PROFIT ORGANISATION NPO No: 232 – 182, PUBLIC BENEFIT ORGANISATION (PBO): 930066984. EDUPSTAIRS DOES NOT, IN ANY WAY OR FORM, SOLICIT MONEY OR CV’S FROM PEOPLE FOR JOBS. PLEASE BE AWARE OF PHONY JOB POSTINGS AND RECRUITMENT FRAUD. FOR MORE INFORMATION VISIT OUR SCAM/FRAUD ALERT PAGE HERE
You May Also Like…