Johannesburg City Power invites suitably qualified applicants to apply for their Executive Support to Chief Operating Officer vacancy. The Closing Date for applications is the 17th September 2023
JOHANNESBURG CITY POWER
APPLICATIONS ARE INVITED FROM SUITABLY QUALIFIED AND EXPERIENCED CANDIDATES TO APPLY THE FOLLOWING VACANT POSITIONS:
POSITION: EXECUTIVE SUPPORT TO CHIEF OPERATING OFFICER
REFERENCE NUMBER: 001/2023 REF 001
REPORTING TO: CHIEF INFORMATION OFFICER
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
APPOINTMENT MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS:
- Higher Certificate (NQF 5) in Business Management/Office Management
- 3 years’ relevant experience
- The primary objective of this position is to provide secretarial support to the Office of the Chief Information Officer and ensure efficient running of the office.
- Organise internal meetings and teleconferences and produce minutes thereafter, Organise hospitality for meetings as and when required, Co-ordinate external meetings and functions via the relevant City Power process, including booking venues, accommodation and travel arrangements where applicable.
- Prepare and quality assure documents/presentations/packs for the CIO for meetings and other purposes. Filter incoming mail/correspondence by sorting, redirecting and taking action as appropriate. Plan your own day through effective utilization of time management, action plans, and task prioritisation.
- Consult daily with your CIO to establish priorities and next steps. Keep your Group Executive informed as to progress on delegated tasks and items requiring his/her attention. Develop and populate leave calendar for the CIO and his/her direct reports.
- Load and capture actual leave on SAP for CIO and his/her direct reports. Electronic and manual filing of documentation. Screen telephone calls to the CIO. Respond directly and take action in terms of established processes and procedures where delegated by the CIO. Exercise sound judgment in prioritising levels of importance and urgency and escalate where necessary.
- Complete research for the CIO. Coordinate the flow of information between the CIO’s office and other Group Executives/ Senior Management. Assist in the co-ordination of communication from the CIO to the business unit to ensure that consistent, current messages are communicated.
- Arrange or compile presentations for seminars, workshops and meetings. Prepare notes for the CIO’s presentations. Incorporate the CIO’s style on preparing presentations. Contribute to your CIO’s effectiveness by taking on appropriate ad hoc duties that will enable him/her to focus on his/her core responsibilities. Provide excellent customer service to internal and external stakeholders.
- Facilitate resolution of complaints and queries sent to the CIO’s office by responding, resolving, referring, escalating and following-up as authorized by the CIO to ensure client satisfaction with service level. Provide relevant feedback to customers on behalf of the CIO’s office where authorized. Develop, implement and administer departmental office systems and procedures.
- Accurate filing and record keeping. Sort and distribute e-mails, faxes and other communication. Ensure that all office equipment is in good working condition and reporting faults timeously. Order stationery through the SAP system. Create Reservations Requisitions and purchase orders on SAP to ensure that invoices are paid on time by Finance.
- Produce reports in both hard and electronic formats. Collate, bind and distribute reports in good time. Maintain up-to-date distribution lists for each report. Collect and consolidate departmental data and draft monthly reports in the correct format including ad hoc reports for the Board, Shareholders and Exco on request/instruction of the CIO.
TO APPLY EMAIL: [email protected]
CLOSING DATE: 17 SEPTEMBER 2023 @ 17H00
ENQUIRIES: 011 490 7687/ 7343
NB: The City Power Application Form CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD must be completed and submitted with the application to the relevant email address provided for the specific position. Failure to complete and submit the form will disqualify the applicant for consideration.
Chief Operating Officer vacancy
EDUPSTAIRS IS A REGISTERED NON – PROFIT ORGANISATION NPO No: 232 – 182, PUBLIC BENEFIT ORGANISATION (PBO): 930066984. EDUPSTAIRS DOES NOT, IN ANY WAY OR FORM, SOLICIT MONEY OR CV’S FROM PEOPLE FOR JOBS. PLEASE BE AWARE OF PHONY JOB POSTINGS AND RECRUITMENT FRAUD. FOR MORE INFORMATION VISIT OUR SCAM/FRAUD ALERT PAGE HERE
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE THESE OTHER VACANCIES