The Gauteng Department of Health invites suitably qualified applicants to apply for their Food Service Aid Job Opportunities (X4 Posts). The closing date for applications is the 24th April 2023
Reference Number: refs/016848
Directorate: HUMAN NUTRITION
Package: R 107,196 per annum (plus benefits)
Employer: Department of Health
Location: RAHIMA MOOSA MOTHER AND CHILD HOSPITAL
- Grade 10 with any experience in a Food industry. (Previous experience in food service/food related sector will be an advantage).
- Knowledge of Hygiene and Safety procedures and processes.
- Must be fit and healthy for employment.
- Good Communication and interpersonal skills.
- Time management skills and basic numeracy (e.g., Basic calculations & Knowledge of decimals, measures, etc.).
- Good verbal and written communication skills – English.
- Appropriate knowledge of food and food preparation.
- Awareness of Batho Pele Principles.
- Should be prepared to work shifts and public holidays.
- Be willing to work in a team and under stressful conditions.
- Will be required to rotate to all areas of Human Nutrition department.
- Ensure proper and effective Food Service/catering service by complying to the production and work schedules, recipes and instructions given by Food Service Supervisor.
- Maintain and ensure correct use of Food Service equipment and ensure that breakages are reported immediately.
- To render quality food provisioning services.
- Assist with the preparation and catering for functions and events.
- The preparation of food for normal, therapeutic diets and snacks.
- Daily dishing up of food and the distribution of meals as per allocated ward.
- Preparation of fluids diet and feeds in the tube feed area.
- Perform daily cleaning tasks – routine duties as per work schedule.
- Applying Hygiene and Safety measures in the area of work according to Hygiene and Safety manual and planned work schedules.
- To ensure proper utilization of allocated physical and financial resources.
- To liaise with colleagues, supervisors, managers, patients, and hospital staff where applicable.
- Be prepared to relieve in all areas of Food Service unit when required. Be willing to undergo continuous training and development programs.
- Be responsible for all allocated supplies and resources to your section.
- To adhere to all Food Service policies, procedures, and job description at all times.
- To ensure effective maintenance of equipment and inventories Relevant duties as per job description
Applications must be submitted on a duly completed new Z83 form obtainable here
The new Z83 must be fully completed (please refer to the left side of the Z83 special notes for clarity), it must be initialled and signed.
Applicants are not required to submit copies of qualifications and other relevant documents on application but must submit a fully completed Z83 form and a detailed CV.
The information on the new Z83 must be the same with that of the CV.
Only shortlisted candidates will be required/requested to submit certified copies of qualifications and other relevant documents on or before the day of the interview following communication from HR.
Hardcopy applications must be forwarded to Rahima Moosa Mother and Child Hospital, Admin Building, Cnr. Fuel and Oudtshoorn Street, Coronationville or be posted to Private Bag X20, Newclare 2112.
APPLICATIONS CAN ALSO BE DONE ONLINE HERE
DOWNLOAD THE NEW Z83 APPLICATION FORM HERE
ENQUIRIES: MRS WEYERS 011 470 9405
CLOSING DATE: 14 APRIL 2023
Food Service Aid
You May Also Like…
X6 CONSTRUCTION HEALTH AND SAFETY OFFICER VACANCIES AT THE GAUTENG DEPARTMENT OF INFRASTRUCTURE DEVELOPMENT
X20 CLINICAL PROGRAMME CO-ORDINATOR VACANCIES AT THE NORTH WEST DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH CLOSING 21 APRIL 2023
ANGLO AMERICAN 3 YEAR ARTISAN LEARNERSHIP OPPORTUNITIES FOR UNEMPLOYED SOUTH AFRICAN YOUTH CLOSING 13 APRIL 2023
Leave a Comment