The Department of Agriculture, Land Reform and Rural Development (DALRRD) invites suitably qualified applicants to apply for their Finance Clerk Vacancies (X5 Posts). The closing date for applications is the 24th February 2023
POST 05/26: FINANCE CLERK (X5 POSTS)
Salary: R181 599 per annum (Level 05)
Centre: Gauteng (Pretoria)
- Reporting Ref No: 3/2/1/2023/095
- Salaries Ref No: 3/2/1/2023/096
- Expenditure Ref No: 3/2/1/2023/097 (X3 Posts)
- Applicants must be in possession of a Grade 12 Certificate.
- No experience required.
Job related knowledge:
- Basic knowledge of financial functions, practices as well as the ability to capture data, operate a computer and collate financial statistics.
- Basic knowledge and insight of the Public Service financial legislation procedures and Treasury Regulations (Public Finance Management Act (PFMA), Division of Revenue Act (DORA), Public Service Act (PSA), Public Service Regulations (PSR), Preferential Procurement Policy Framework Act (PPPFA), Financial manual).
- Knowledge of basic financial operating systems (Personnel and Salary Administration (PERSAL), Basic Accounting System (BAS), Logistical Information System (LOGIS) etc).
Job related skills:
- Planning and organising skills, Computer operating skills, Language skills, Good communication skills (verbal and written) and Basic numeracy skills.
- Interpersonal relations.
- Ability to perform routine tasks.
- Ability to operate office equipment.
- Aptitude of figures.
- Render financial accounting transactions.
- Receive invoices.
- Check invoices for correctness, verification and approval (internal control).
- Process invoices (e.g. capture payments).
- Filing of all documents.
- Collection of cash.
- Perform salary administration support services.
- Receive salary advices.
- Process advices (e.g. check advices for correctness, capture salaries, bonuses, salary adjustments, capture all deductions etc).
- File all documents.
- Perform bookkeeping support services.
- Capture all financial transactions.
- Clear suspense accounts.
- Record debtors and creditors.
- Process electronic banking transactions.
- Compile journals.
- Monitor and follow up on debtor accounts.
- Register new debts.
- Follow up on debt related submissions (State Attorney Cases etc).
- Send Statements to debtors monthly either by post or by email.
- Render a budget support service.
- Collect information from budget holders.
- Compare expenditure against budget.
- Identify variances.
- Capture, allocate virements on budgets.
- Distribute documents regarding the budget.
- File all documents.
- Receive and capture cash payments.
Applications must be submitted on a new Z83 Application form obtainable here
Applications must be submitted to:
Private Bag X833, Pretoria, 0001 or hand delivered during office hours to: 184 Jeff Masemola Street (formerly known as Jacob Mare), corner of Jeff Masemola and Paul Kruger Streets, Pretoria
or to Agriculture Place, 20 Steve Biko (formerly Beatrix) Street, Arcadia, Pretoria, 0001.
Ms SH Sambo Tel No: (012) 319 6780
CLOSING DATE: 24 FEBRUARY 2023
Land Reform and Rural Development
You May also Like…