The Department of Home Affairs invites suitably qualified applicants to apply for their Driver Vacancies (X10 Posts). The closing date for applications is the 2nd March 2023
The Department of Home Affairs, DHA, in collaboration with Harambee and the Department of Employment and Labour, DEL as the National Pathway Management Network, seeks to employ 10 unemployed youth as Drivers for the digitization of the department of home affairs records.
The DHA has started the digitization process of converting over 350 million paper records into electronic format for improved service delivery.
The DHA seeks to contribute to the employment creation goals and strategic priorities of the Presidential Employment Stimulus programme by hiring unemployed youth on a fixed term contracts to assist.
- Transport boxes and records to and from the storage. facilities to digitization hubs.
- Arrive at digitization hubs on schedule.
- Fulfill administrative needs, like office pickups.
- Research and plan for traffic, construction and weather delays.
- Use navigation applications to determine the best route.
- Interact with supervisor/managers professionally at all times.
- Ensure that the vehicle is always fueled and ready for use.
- Arrange for vehicle repairs as needed.
- Keep mileage records and repair records up-to-date.
WHO CAN APPLY?
- South African citizens aged between 18-35 years old.
- A minimum of a Higher Certificate in Document and / or Records Management or Information Technology and a valid driving licence (code 8 and 10).
- No criminal record.
Should you receive notice that you have been selected for shortlisting, you will be required to present the following documents:
- Copy of certified qualifications.
- Copy of certified identity document.
Successful candidates will be subjected to suitability checks (Citizenship, Credit, Criminal and Qualification Verification).
Duration of contract: 3 years (approximately May/June 2023- May/June 2026). A contract linked to the duration of the project will be signed upon appointment.
Should you not hear from DHA by May/June 2023, please consider your application unsuccessful. You may continue to look for more opportunities on sayouth.mobi.
All roles will be in person at the Department of Home Affairs in Gauteng Province (Pretoria) and the North West Province (Brits).
CLOSING DATE: 02 MARCH 2023
You May also Like…