The Limpopo Department of Public Works, Roads and Infrastructure invites suitably qualified applicants to apply for their Driver Operator Vacancies (X8 Posts). The closing date for applications is the 3rd November 2023
POST 38/256: DRIVER/ MESSENGER REF NO: S.4/3/8/33
- CENTRE: Head Office- Polokwane
POST 38/259: DRIVER OPERATOR REF NO: S.4/3/10/94 (X5 POSTS)
- CENTRE: Vhembe (X2 Posts), Waterberg (X2 Posts), Sekhukhune (X1 Post)
POST 38/260: DRIVER OPERATOR REF NO: S.4/3/10/94 (X2 POSTS)
- CENTRE: Sekhukhune District
- An undergraduate NQF level 3 qualification as recognized by SAQA.
- Driver’s licence Code EC and operating certificate. Five (5) years’ driving and operating specialized equipment experience will be added advantage.
- Knowledge of relevant Acts and regulations.
- Operating roads machinery. Health and safety measures.
- Working procedures in respect of roads environment.
- Youth and Females with driver’s licence are encouraged to apply.
- Generic And Technical Competencies:
- Decision making. Creativity. Communication. Planning and organising. Flexibility. Co-operative. Team player
- Perform activities in respect of operation through inter alia the following: Operating specialized equipment.
- Load and offload goods/equipment. Inspection and maintenance of equipment and report defects.
- Keep log sheets of vehicles and machineries. Application of safety and precautionary measures.
- Cleaning and lubrication of machinery equipment. Grading of gravel roads and re-gravelling/shoulder maintenance.
- Render driving services Perform activities in respect of operation through inter alia the following: Transportation of work teams and materials/equipment.
- Detect and repair minor mechanical problems on the vehicles and take steps to have it repaired (check level and condition of oil, fuel, tyres and water).
- Inspection of the vehicles/equipment and report defects.
- Complete vehicle logbook, trip authorization for the vehicle
Applications must be submitted using the New Z83 application form obtainable here
All fields in the New Z83 form, must be completed and signed. Furthermore, a comprehensive Curriculum Vitae (CV) must also be attached. Failure to attach the completed Z83 and the Curriculum Vitae (CV) will result in disqualification.
Applications should be submitted at:
- Department of Public Works, Roads and Infrastructure: Private Bag X9490, Polokwane 0700 or hand delivered at Works Tower Building, No. 43 Church Street, Polokwane, 0699.
For Capricorn District:
- Private Bag X9378, Polokwane 0700 Or hand deliver at 15 Landros Mare street, next to Correctional Services
For Mopani District:
- Private Bag X576, Giyani 0826 or hand deliver at 570 Parliamentary Building, Giyani. For Sekhukhune District: Private Bag X02 Chuenespoort, 0745 or hand deliver at Lebowakgomo Zone A, next to traffic department
For Vhembe District:
- Private Bag X2248, Sibasa, 0970 or hand deliver at Cnr. Traffic and Raluswielo Street, Sibasa. For Waterberg District: Private Bag X1028, Modimolle, 0510 or hand deliver at Cnr. Thabo Mbeki & Elias Motsoaledi Street
ENQUIRIES: Ms Makalela RC, Mr Mathabatha MJ Tel No: (015) 633 8300/8330
CLOSING DATE: 03 NOVEMBER 2023
EDUPSTAIRS IS A REGISTERED NON-PROFIT ORGANISATION NPO No: 232 – 182, PUBLIC BENEFIT ORGANISATION (PBO): 930066984. EDUPSTAIRS DOES NOT, IN ANY WAY OR FORM, SOLICIT MONEY OR CV’S FROM PEOPLE FOR JOBS. PLEASE BE AWARE OF PHONY JOB POSTINGS AND RECRUITMENT FRAUD. FOR MORE INFORMATION VISIT OUR SCAM/FRAUD ALERT PAGE HERE
You May Also Like…