The Western Cape Department of Education (WCED) has published vacancy bulletin Number 3 of 2022. This vacancy bulletin contains advertisements for Office based Public Service Posts closing on the 2nd September 2022.
The WCED promotes and applies the principles of Employment Equity and is committed to effective and efficient service delivery. Persons with disabilities are welcome to apply and an indication in this regard as part of the on-line registration process will be appreciated. Applicants with disabilities, that are short-listed, are requested to provide information on how the selection process can be adapted to suit their needs for purposes of reasonable accommodation. Kindly indicate disability status to facilitate the process.
All posts are advertised on the department’s on-line system.
Applicants can register their profiles and apply for posts on-line. Applicants are to take cognisance of the following:
- Applicants already registered on the system: e-Recruitment for Educators need not register again;
- All information must be captured on the online profile;
- The system will generate a curriculum vitae (CV) for you;
- The uploading of documents are not necessary;
- Short listed candidates invited for interviews must provide the interview committee with originally certified copies of the supporting documents, which includes:
- qualifications (degrees, diplomas, certificates etc.);
- Valid driver’s licence (if applicable);
- ID document and other information requested by the employer;
- an evaluation certificate from the South African Qualifications Authority (SAQA) in respect of foreign qualifications;
- Non-RSA citizens/Permanent resident permit holders must submit a copy of his/her Permanent Resident Permit in respect of non-South African citizens
Applicants must ensure that they click on the correct post and post number when applying for posts.
The appointment will be subject to a security clearance and the signing of an annual performance agreement. Furthermore, the appointment is subject to personnel suitability checks that include qualifications, previous employment, criminal records and credit verification as well as reference checking (At least three 3 referees must be provided), as directed by the Department of Public Service and Administration.
Shortlisted candidates must be prepared to do a Practical Assessment which forms part of the interview.
Candidates applying for posts on Salary Level 9 and higher will be subjected to a competency assessment before final decisions are made in respect of the filling of posts.
CLOSING DATE: 02 SEPTEMBER 2022