The Gauteng Department of Health invites suitably qualified applicants to apply for their Ward Clerk Vacancies (X6 Posts). The closing date for applications is the 21st October 2022
WARD CLERK REF NO: CHBAH 581 (X6 POSTS)
SALARY: R176 310 per annum, (plus benefits)
CENTRE: Chris Hani Baragwanath Academic Hospital (CHBAH)
- Grade 12 with no experience.
- Computer literacy (Ms. Office)
- Processing movements of patients from ward to ward or to other Institutions.
- Discharge and billing of patients. Birth and death registration.
- Verifying patients’ personal information.
- Ordering of stock (cleaning and stationary) including requisition forms.
- Record keeping and internal correspondence.
- Collect and deliver X-rays, liaise with all other departments as directed by the nurse in charge.
- Be responsible for patients’ menus, assisting patients where required.
- Assist nursing staff in serving patients’ meals.
- Liaise with the Medical Records Department regarding sticking labels, changing addresses etc.
- Type monthly, quarterly, annually, incident report and statement report.
- Compile daily data.
- Type meeting minutes.
- Type business and operational plans of the unit prepare ward rounds trolley.
- File patients record. Be responsible for the filing of all results in patient’s files.
- General clerical duties designated by the Senior Nurse on duty, meetings, training as approved by supervisor and able to handle conflict.
- Ability to work under pressure, work independently, in a team and communicate well with people at different levels.
- Ability to organize and plan. Sound verbal and written communication skills and ability to act with tact and discretion.
- Must be self-motivated. Good customer skills and competencies.
- Knowledge and application of the Batho Pele Principles.
- Must be prepared to rotate and work shifts which includes, weekends and public holidays.
- Comply with the Performance Management and Development System (contracting, quarterly reviews and final assessment)
Applications must be submitted on a New Z83 application form obtainable here
Applications can be hand delivered to The Director: Human Resource, Chris Hani Baragwanath Academic Hospital from 8am to 3pm at Ground Floor, Main Admin Building or posted to The Director: Human Resource, Chris Hani Baragwanath Academic Hospital, Private Bag X01, Pimville, 1808.
Mr. Mulaudzi Tel No: (011) 933 0134
CLOSING DATE: 21 OCTOBER 2022
Gauteng Department of Health
Ward Clerk Vacancies (X6 Posts)