Midvaal Local Municipality invites suitably qualified applicants to apply for their Traffic Officer Internship Programme in Public Safety and Roads Services. The closing date for applications is the 22nd September 2023
These internships are for unemployed youth who attended learnership programme and acquired Traffic Diploma through South African Traffic College, Metropolitan Police Department College or accredited Traffic Colleges as determined by Road Traffic Management Corporation Act.
- Grade 12 and Basic Training Traffic Diploma.
- Registered Certificate as a Traffic Officer issued by the User Department of Roads & Transport.
- Valid Driver’s License Code B. and No Criminal Record.
- Computer Literate (MSWord, Excel & PowerPoint).
- Excellent interpersonal & communication skills and Excellent physical health.
- Age between 18yrs to 35yrs. Be able to work shifts.
- Skills and competencies associated with vocation: adaptability, analytical thinking, empowerment, communication, leadership skills, presentation skills, conflict and stress management skills, negotiation skills.
- A professional, hardworking, highly motivated, and self-disciplined person with good organisational, interpersonal skills with the ability to work under pressure and meet strict deadlines.
- 0 – 1 year’ experience within a Local Government Authority as a Traffic Law Enforcement.
- Traffic Points Control, Escorts and Scholar Patrol.
- To undertake general traffic and road management task.
- Investigate collisions and enforcing NRTA Compliance.
- Attending to Traffic related complaints.
- Speed prosecution, Enforcement of Section 56 Notice, 341 and 54 By-Laws.
- Monitoring Council policies and ensuring compliance thereof.
- Maintain Law Order.
- To ensure effective service delivery and compliance with Municipality By-Laws.
- Perform any other related ad hoc tasks as instructed by management from time to time.
SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATES WILL UNDERGO:
- Physical and competency assessment
- Driving assessment
- Point duty assessment
CANDIDATES WILL BE SUBJECTED TO THE FOLLOWING:
- Fitness Evaluations
- Criminal Record Check
- Psychometric Test
- Medical Check
- Driving assessment
CLOSING DATE: 22 SEPTEMBER 2022
EDUPSTAIRS IS A REGISTERED NON-PROFIT ORGANISATION NPO No: 232 – 182, PUBLIC BENEFIT ORGANISATION (PBO): 930066984. EDUPSTAIRS DOES NOT, IN ANY WAY OR FORM, SOLICIT MONEY OR CV’S FROM PEOPLE FOR JOBS. PLEASE BE AWARE OF PHONY JOB POSTINGS AND RECRUITMENT FRAUD. FOR MORE INFORMATION VISIT OUR SCAM/FRAUD ALERT PAGE HERE
You May Also Like…