The Gauteng Department of Health invites suitably qualified applicants to apply for their Property Caretaker Vacancies (X30 Posts) and the closing date for applications is the 2nd December 2022
PROPERTY CARETAKER REF NO: CHBAH 603 (X30 POSTS)
SALARY: R107 196 per annum, (plus benefits)
CENTRE: Chris Hani Baragwanath Academic Hospital (CHBAH)
ABET Level 3 or Grade 7.
- Basic knowledge of the legislative framework and processes related to gardening and pest control. Ability to work under pressure.
- Ability to work independently and in a team.
- Ability to communicate well with people at different levels.
- Ability to organize and plan. Sound verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to act with tact and discretion.
- Must be self-motivated.
- Ability to handle tasks of multidisciplinary nature.
- Must be prepared to work after hours, weekends and public holidays.
- Knowledge of the Batho Pele Principals.
- Must be able to work with garden machines. Knowledge/experience in gardening and pest control will be an advantage.
- Picking up of litter (papers, cigarette stumps and other objects) daily.
- Maintain the gardens by watering the garden, prune and trim flowers and tree, mow the grass, cultivate the soil for trees and flowers.
- Remove weeds in flower beds and on pavement.
- Apply insecticides to weeds.
- Remove weeds, dry leaves from storm water drains and gutters.
- Creation of garden landscaping to beautify the environment.
- Contain and dispose of garden waste (rubble) to area of collection (Pikitup bins at Gardening Department) daily.
- Keep and maintain garden material and equipment.
- Report broken garden equipment to the Team Leader.
- Clean garden machines and equipment after use.
- Spray or dust chemical solutions, powders or gases into rooms, onto clothing, furnishings or wood and over marshlands, ditches, catch-basins at all Wards and departments.
- Set traps and place poisonous paste or bait in sewers, burrows and ditches.
- Inspect premises to identify infestation source and extent of damage to property, wall and roof porosity and access to infested locations.
- Record work activities performed.
- Clean work site after completion of job by removing dead rodents.
- Remove all dead pets around the institution.
- Ensure to follow the fumigation roster.
- Comply with the rotation roster.
- Adhere to all legal instructions given to you written or verbally by a senior staff member. Adhere to timelines.
- Attend meetings and training as approved by the supervisor.
- Comply with the Performance Management and Development System (PMDS)
Applications must be submitted on a New Z83 application form obtainable here
Applications can be hand delivered to The Director: Human Resource, Chris Hani Baragwanath Academic Hospital from 8am to 3pm at Ground Floor, Main Admin Building or posted to The Director: Human Resource, Chris Hani Baragwanath Academic Hospital, Private Bag X01, Pimville, 1808.
Mr B. Mokonyane Tel No: 011 933 8827
DOWNLOAD THE NEW Z83 APPLICATION FORM HERE
CLOSING DATE: 02 DECEMBER 2022
These vacancies were referenced from the DPSA Circular 44 of 2022
Property Caretaker Vacancies
Leave a Comment