The Department of Higher Education and Training invites suitably qualified applicants to apply for their Lab/ Workshop Assistant Vacancies (X5 Posts). The closing date for applications is the 19th December 2022
LAB/ WORKSHOP ASSISTANTS (X5 POSTS)
Nature of Post: Permanent
SALARY: R181 599 per annum (Level 05)
CENTRE: King Hintsa TVET College:
- Teko Ref No: KHC/2022/WA TEK
- Centane Ref No: KHC/2022/LA CEN
- Dutywa Ref No: KHC/2022/LA DUT
- Willowvale Ref No: KHC/2022/LA WIL
- Msobomvu Campus Ref No: KHC/2022/WA MSO
- Grade 12 or equivalent qualification and specialized experience or postsecondary training.
- Working knowledge of and experience configuring desktop computers and Local Area Networks for Dutywa and Willowvale Campuses.
- Hospitality related qualification will be an added advantage for Centane Campus.
- Engineering related qualification will be an added advantage for Teko and Msobomvu Campuses.
- Assists in planning and presents learning experiences for K-5 students to explain computer usage and help them become computer literate.
- Demonstrates and assists students in developing skills in keyboarding, mouse control and the use of various computer software applications.
- Develops lesson plans and instructional materials suitable for verbal, auditory and visual instruction of students with a wide range of mental, physical and emotional maturities.
- Establishes and maintains standards of student behavior necessary to achieve a functional learning atmosphere in the classroom.
- Sets up computers for classroom instruction; installs computer printers and software; troubleshoots network, software and hardware malfunctions.
- Maintains adequate number of working copies of software and handouts for classes; maintains list of software and its recommended classroom usage.
- Assists professional staff in administering standardized tests in accordance with regional testing program guidelines.
- Maintains various records such as weekly class schedules and lab usage logs.
- Assist lecturers in preparing logistics for practicals in the kitchen and engineering workshops.
Applications must be submitted on a New Z83 application form obtainable here
Please hand deliver your Applications, Quoting the Reference Number to: King Hintsa TVET College, 218 Mthatha Road, Ibika, Butterworth, 4960.
Mr. O Kalimashe or Ms. P Soyizwapi at Tel No: 047 401 6400
DOWNLOAD THE NEW Z83 APPLICATION FORM HERE
CLOSING DATE: 19 DECEMBER 2022 AT 14H00
Lab/ Workshop Assistant Vacancies
Leave a Comment