The Gauteng Department of Education invites suitably qualified candidates for temporary positions as Examination Assistants (EAs) and Examination Quality Assurers (EQAs) in the Nov/Dec 2022 National Senior Certificate (NSC) and AET Examinations at marking Centres as well as Capturing Points.
There is a total of 266 Exam Assistants and a total of 1258 Quality Assurers that are needed across all Gauteng Education Districts respectively.
All applications need to be made on the GAUTENG EDUCATION’S EXAM ASSISTANTS e-RECRUITMENT SYSTEM.
Directorate: Examinations Management
Package: As per applicable Personnel Administrative Measures (PAM) rates
- An appropriate recognized Academic qualification: Senior Certificate / National Senior Certificate / National Senior Certificate Vocational.
- Only registered students at tertiary institutions, unemployed persons with one or more tertiary qualification and unemployed graduates may apply.
- Applicants must possess advanced numerical skills with Mathematics or Accounting as a compulsory subject.
- Second year and above tertiary students will be advantaged. Please indicate previous experience in examinations administration as an Examination Assistant [ Marking Centre or Office based].
- The nature of the work is linked to tight deadlines and thus requires that the successful candidate be able to work under pressure.
Examinations Assistant at Exams District & Head Offices
- Daily receive, check, control, scan and pack scripts for marking including indexed archival of scripts after marking.
- Ensure the correct number of scripts and marksheets per batch, subject, paper, and examination session are received, controlled, scanned and these packed for the correct marking venue.
- Ensure that discrepancies regarding the above are addressed per batch, subject, paper, examination session.
- Ensure each bag of scripts include two copies of MP Flow control list of contents, and bag tagged with the correct marking venue colour coded label.
- Create a marking centre file of all scripts to be dispatched for each of the marking venue.
- Assist with dispatching of scripts to the marking venues.
- Receive, control and archive marked scripts at Head Office for easy retrieval as and when required.
Quality Assurer at Marking Centres
- Receive control and distribute scripts to marking teams.
- Ensure the correct number of scripts and marksheet per batch during marking.
- Assist with controlling, distribution and scanning of scripts.
- Ensure all questions are marked, marks added correctly and correctly transferred to the front cover of the script.
- Ensure that the total on each script is correct and correctly transferred to the marksheet.
- Ensure that discrepancies regarding all the above are addressed by the marking teams and amendments effected accordingly on both the script and marksheet.
- Reconcile the number of scripts, control and arrange scripts per subject, paper, numerically for indexed archival after marking.
Notes: Persons writing National Senior Certificate /Senior Certificate and AET Examinations in 2022, persons who have taken the VSP and persons employed elsewhere may NOT apply and will not be considered.
- Enquiries:Mr Harry Culling
- Telephone Number: 010 601 8082
- Email Address: [email protected]
- Closing Date:02 September 2022
- Have you passed matric or an equivalent NQF level 4 qualification ?
- Are you currently registered as a tertiary student?
- What is your current or highest year of study at tertiary?
- Have you passed Mathematics/Mathematical Literacy at matric/tertiary level?
- Have you passed Accounting at matric or tertiary level?
- How many years experience as an Examination Assistant/Quality Assurer?
Persons with disabilities are also encouraged to apply
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the large number of applications we envisage receiving, applications will be electronically acknowledged, If you do not receive any response by 01 December 2022, please accept that your application was not successful.
REGISTER AND APPLY ON THE GDE’s EXAM ASSISTANTS e-RECRUITMENT SYSTEM HERE
CLOSING DATE: 02 SEPTEMBER 2022
Leave a Comment