The Mpumalanga Department of Health invites suitably qualified applicants to apply for their Emergency Care Officer Grade 3 (Replacements) Vacancies (X8 Posts). The closing date for Applications is the 24th February 2023
POST 05/361: EMERGENCY CARE OFFICER GRADE 3 (REPLACEMENTS) REF NO: MPDOH/FEB/23/37 (X8 POSTS)
Salary: R176 865 – R231 231 per annum, (plus service benefits)
- Lothair EMS Station (X3 Posts),
- Leandra EMS Station (X3 Posts)
- (Gert Sibande District) and Nkangala Emergency Communication Centre (X2 Posts) (Nkangala District)
- Senior Certificate / Grade 12 or equivalent.
- Ambulance Emergency Assistant certificate.
- Registration with the Health Professions Council of South Africa (HPCSA) as an Ambulance Emergency Assistant (2023).
- Current registration with the HPCSA (deposit slip will not be accepted). Unendorsed driver’s licence (C1) and valid professional drivers permit (PrDP) for transporting patients.
- Candidates are expected to write an assessment test and test driving.
Knowledge, Skills and Competencies: The incumbents of these posts will report to the EMS Station Manager:
- Emergency Medical Services, and will be responsible to provide pre-hospital treatment within the scope of Intermediate Life Support and transport patients to an appropriate health facility in order to minimize the loss of life.
- The ideal candidates must: Possess knowledge of Intermediate Life Support Protocols.
- Have understanding of EMS and its line of business.
- Possess knowledge of basic Medical Rescue.
- Possess knowledge of Rules and Regulations of Road Traffic Ordinance.
- Possess good communication skills.
- Have practical patient management skills.
- Have the ability to implement emergency procedures.
- Have the ability to work under pressure.
- Be able to operate in any EMS environment i.e. Emergency ambulance, Obstetric ambulance, inter-facility ambulance, communication centres and Patient Transport Services as per the allocation or deployment by EMS management.
- Treat, stabilize and transport patients according to the Intermediate Life Support scope of practice as per HPCSA Protocols.
- Respond to all calls as dispatched by the Communication Centre or as requested by other medical professionals to assist with Intermediate Life Support of patient treatment.
- Maintain best clinical practice in accordance with quality standards and maintaining Continuous Professional Development (CPD).
- Maintain vehicle and medical equipment, check the allocated vehicle and equipment and complete the checklist, report all losses, damages and discrepancies to the Shift Leader.
- Wash, clean and disinfect the interior/exterior of the vehicle and maintain the vehicle in a clean condition and good working order at all times.
- Change and replenish surgical sundries and medical gases and ensure that all items are used before expiry date.
- Assist in maintaining a clean and tidy station. Complete and submit all paperwork to the Shift Leader before the termination of the shift or as required.
- Hand over the vehicle and equipment to the next shift/relevant authority fully replenished, clean and in good working order.
- Abide by the EMS Standard Operational Procedures.
- Actively participate in training and quality assurance programs.
- Perform any other duties as delegated by the supervisor.
- Candidates are expected to work shifts, they should be mentally and physically fit to perform their duties.
Departmental Online Application System: www.mpuhealth.gov.za
- Michael Mlangeni Tel No: (013) 766 3753
- Emmanuel Makokoropo Tel No: (013) 766 3384
- Gugu Nkosi Tel No: (013) 766 3103
- Nomsa Maphanga Tel No: (013) 766 3207
- Sebenzile Mthisi Tel No: (013) 766 3339
- and IT related queries: Help desk: Tel No: (013) 766 3018
CLOSING DATE: 24 FEBRUARY 2023
You May also Like…