The Department of Forestry, Fisheries and the Environment invites suitably qualified applicants to apply for the Youth Environmental Coordinator, Local Government Support (LGS) for a two year contract. These posts are available country wide. The closing date for applications is the 3rd October 2022
Salary: R 211 713 per annum plus 37% in lieu of benefits
- National Diploma in Environmental or Natural Science or equivalent qualification in a related field.
- Two (02) years of experience in relevant field.
- Knowledge and application of environmental legislations.
- Understanding of local government and its relationship with national and provincial government.
- Knowledge and application of project management, intergovernmental relations, Expanded Public Works Programme (EPWP).
- Organisational and coordination skills.
- Stakeholder management, facilitation, and a good understanding of government planning processes.
- Sound organising and planning skills.
- Good communication skills (good verbal and written communication skills) and Interpersonal relation skills.
- Computer literacy and operation of all Microsoft packages.
- A valid driver’s license.
- Support initiatives to integrate environmental sustainability in municipal planning.
- Facilitate and coordinate environmental capacity building.
- Provide support in the identification of environmental capacity gaps within local municipalities.
- Facilitate and coordinate environmental awareness initiatives.
- Identification of environmental education and awareness programmes for local municipality.
- Conceptualisation, development and implementation of environmental education and awareness programme for schools and communities within local municipalities.
- Improve environmental governance systems within municipality.
- Participate in municipal/ provincial/ national governance environmental structures.
- Participate in the development and/or review of municipal sector plans.
- Support the planning and implementation of departments EPWP projects.
All applications must be submitted on a signed new Z83 application form accompanied by a recent detailed curriculum vitae to be considered.
Please note that should you not use the newly amended Z83 and completed, initialed and signed in full, the department reserves the rights to disqualify your application.
Applications may be forwarded to:
The Director-General, Department of Forestry, Fisheries and the Environment, Private Bag X447, Pretoria, 0001 or hand-delivered to: Environment House, Erf 1563 Arcadia Extension 6, Cnr Soutpansberg and Steve Biko Road, Arcadia, Pretoria marked for the attention: Human Resources Management.
Enquiries: Mr L Dombo, Tel: 012 399 9937
CLOSING DATE: 03 OCTOBER 2022