The Department of Forestry, Fisheries and the Environment invites suitably qualified applicants to apply for Driver Operator Vacancies and the closing date for applications is the 1st July 2022
- Applicants must be in possession of a Grade 10 (NQF Level 3) or equivalent qualification.
- Five (05) years’ experience in driving and operating specialised equipment.
- Experience in transportation of gods and passengers.
- Driving skills.
- Ability to drive heavy motor vehicle (code 14) and ability to operate heavy-duty machines.
- Good interpersonal relations, literacy skills, document tracking, good telephone etiquette, communication skills and basic computer literacy skills.
- Ability to work long hours voluntarily.
- Ability to work individually and in a team. A valid driver’s licence Code EC (Code 14) plus Public Driver’s Permit (PDP).
- Operate specialised equipment, load and offload goods or equipment.
- Conduct inspection and maintenance of equipment and report defects.
- Keep log sheets of vehicles and machines.
- Grading of gravel roads, fitting of pipes and side drains and re-raveling/ shoulder maintenance.
- Render driving services by transporting work teams and equipment, transport seedling from nursey to plantation, transport timber, poles and saw log to the mill depot, drive firefighting trucks detect and repair minor mechanical problems on the vehicle and take steps to have it repaired (check condition and level of oil, fuel, tyres, and water).
- Complete trip authorisation and logbook of the vehicle.
NOTE: All shortlisted candidates will be subjected to skill test in driving.
Enquiries: Mr Nelson Nemukula Tel: 015 519 3300 Cell: 076 961 5987
For attention: Human Resource Management
Closing date: 01 July 2022.