The Department of Correctional Services (DCS) invites Unemployed South African Youth for an opportunity to acquire skills, knowledge and workplace experience in the field of Corrections and earn a stipend of R3738,25 per month for the twelve-month duration of the learnership.
The Department of Correctional Services (DCS) is looking for youth from various communities with appropriate qualifications to enter into the training towards acquiring the Further Education and Training (FET) Certificate in Corrections Services Learnership (NQF Level 4). The learners will be trained in the areas of rehabilitation of offenders through correction and human development in a secure, safe and humane detention or under the community based correctional supervision. English will be used as the medium of instruction.
Enrolment in the learnership does not guarantee permanent employment in the Department. Basic enlistment requirements:
- South Africans who are in possession of the Grade 12 or National Senior Certificate;
- South Africans who have successfully completed the National Certificate in Vocational Studies (NQF Level 4); or
- South Africans who have successfully completed a further Education and Training Certificate (NQF Level 4).
Furthermore, applicants must be South Africans who:
- Are between 21 and 35 years old;
- Have strong character; iii. Are physically fit and mentally resilient;
- Are willing to disclose the information required to process their applications;
- Are prepared to undergo personnel suitability checks related to their background, citizenship, qualifications and criminal record;
- Are law-abiding citizens and are without criminal records (particulars of pending / decided criminal cases related to the applicant must be provided in the application form);
- Are prepared to subject themselves to selection processes conducted by the DCS.
How to apply:
Complete the Corrections Learnership application form 2022/23. The application form can be obtained at the nearest Management Area/Community Corrections/Correctional Centres/ Regional Offices and/or Head Office. The forms are available here.
DOWNLOAD THE CORRECTIONAL SERVICES (DCS) LEARNERSHIP PROGRAMME FOR UNEMPLOYED YOUTH PDF DOCUMENT HERE
DOWNLOAD THE CORRECTIONAL SERVICES (DCS) LEARNERSHIP APPLICATION FORM HERE
CLOSING DATE: 15 FEBRUARY 2023
You May Also Like…
X37 VARIOUS VACANCIES AT THE DEPARTMENT OF AGRICULTURE, LAND REFORM AND RURAL DEVELOPMENT (DALRRD)
DEPARTMENT OF PUBLIC SERVICE AND ADMINISTRATION (DPSA) VACANCY CIRCULAR 05 OF 2023
Leave a Comment