Sappi invites suitably qualified applicants to apply for their latest Electrician Vacancy. The closing date for applications is the 25th December 2023
Sappi is on the lookout for an experienced Electrician to provide electrical services with specific responsibility for fault finding, identifying repair and replacement needs, installing, maintaining and upgrading electrical systems and equipment; and by ensuring that tools and materials are available and maintained.
AS AN ELECTRICIAN, YOU WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR:
- Install, test, connect, commission, maintain and modify electrical equipment, wiring and control systems as required. Examples include PLC, drives and control equipment.
- Perform electrical maintenance or remedial work according to SAP notifications, work orders and planned schedules, including during shuts. Complete notifications and work orders on the SAP system.
- Do fault finding on electrical systems during breakdown and effect the required repairs to keep downtime to a minimum. Participate in failure analysis.
- Complete daily and weekly inspections on electrical systems and their components according to a detailed checklist. Identify repairs required and recommend preventative maintenance to the foreman.
- Perform tests on AC and DC motors to determine the condition of the motor windings, insulation, and core lamination.
- Prepare status reports and activity logs as required.
- Electricians may be required to cover breakdowns after hours and weekends on a standby basis.
- Report all defects and equipment risks to the direct supervisor. Draw required spares from stores using the SAP picking list.
- Performs any other assigned tasks that fall within the scope of an Electrician.
- Required to work standby and overtime.
- Understand and comply with the safety, health, environment, and quality (SHEQ) requirements of the section.
- Comply and perform tasks as per the organisation’s policies, procedures, and best operating practices.
- Report all unsafe acts to the direct supervisor.
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- Recognised Trade Test Certificate as an Electrician
- Grade 12 with Maths and Physical Sceince or N3 Engineering
- 2 years post-apprenticeship experience with a focus on electrical fault finding in a heavy industrial environment would be advantageous
- Valid driving license
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
- Opportunity to work within a global organisation that continues to thrive in a rapidly changing world even after 80 years of existence
- learning and development programmes to fast-track your career within Sappi
- Opportunities to travel (dependent on upon the role)
- Market leading leave benefits
- Employee wellbeing benefits
CLOSING DATE: 25 DECEMBER 2023
EDUPSTAIRS IS A REGISTERED NON-PROFIT ORGANISATION NPO No: 232 – 182, PUBLIC BENEFIT ORGANISATION (PBO): 930066984. EDUPSTAIRS DOES NOT, IN ANY WAY OR FORM, SOLICIT MONEY OR CV’S FROM PEOPLE FOR JOBS. PLEASE BE AWARE OF PHONY JOB POSTINGS AND RECRUITMENT FRAUD. FOR MORE INFORMATION VISIT OUR SCAM/FRAUD ALERT PAGE HERE
You May Also Like…