Anglo American Platinum invites unemployed youth with a Matric Certificate to apply for an 18-month on-the-job Mining Learnership Programme on Trackless Mobile Machinery (TMM)
This 18 month Mining Learnership Programme is an enrichment programme for the community on Trackless Mobile Machinery (TMM) and will enable learners to develop skills with classroom and on-the-job training in surface mining. As they progress through their mining learnership programme, they will be assisted to discover their real capabilities and develop their skills as Future Drilling or Blasting Assistants and/or various Trackless Mobile Equipment.
You must have:
- A full Grade 12 / Technical N3 with Mathematical Literacy or Mathematics. Physical Science on Grade 12 will be advantageous.
- A valid South African Driver’s License.
- Successfully pass medical-job-fit assessments (RFA)
- Ability to obtain, or be in possession of a valid Sishen VTS / DOVER)
- Attach a residential confirmation letter from the Local Municipality indicating that you reside within the JTG District.
What we offer
- A stipend/allowance per month, for the duration of programme
- 18 month’s skills programme inclusive of experiential learning
- MQA Certificate after competency declaration to add to skills
- Personal Protective Equipment
- The mining learnership will only commence after being successfully interviewed and a Fitness Certificate obtained.
How to apply
To apply for this role, please complete our online application form. You will have the opportunity to upload your CV and other relevant documentation as part of this process.
If you do not hear from the Company within 21 days after the application deadline, please consider your application to be unsuccessful. Preference will be given to youth between the ages 18 and 35, from all racial groups, staying within the JTG District.
Successful candidates will be required to complete background screening which may include a criminal check and validation of qualifications.
CLOSING DATE: 25 APRIL 2022